PDA

View Full Version : strange thing happened last week

edsmith
09-11-2011, 01:12 AM
for the last 15 years I have had chronic back and hip pain, I have 3 messed up disc. a little over 3 weeks ago I fell face foward onto a sidewalk, skinned my elbow, and hand, I got up, and that was the only thing hurting. the next morning when I got up I had really bad back pain across my middle back, I figgured I twisted it, so I thought to wait awhile to see if it got better before going to the drs. it was still really bad after a week, no letup at all. last sunday my bud wanted to do some shooting, so being the genius that I am, said why not, we got to the gravel pit, we have to walk about 100 yards to where we shoot, the pain was terrible, but I did some shooting, handguns, we walked back to the pickup, I had to stop a few times, got to the truck, went home, got out of the truck,unloaded my gear, then realized I was not hurting, no pain any where, not in my lower back, which has hurt for15 yr., and the pain across my middle back was gone, I have been pain free for a week now, this is the first time in 15 yr. I have not had any pain any where. I have no idea why, but whoopie.

badbob454
09-11-2011, 01:41 AM
my shoulders have bursitis or arthritis ( they hurt to move in a rotary position ) and i shoot a 45/70 gov , hot loaded after shooting my shoulders feel better for about 3 weeks go figure?

waksupi
09-11-2011, 02:19 AM
I had something similar happen last spring. Years ago, I had a horse wreck, and really buggered up my hip. It was getting worse and worse as the years went by. Last spring, I was going into a grocery store, and stepped on a wet curb. I took a hard fall on the curb, on the hip joint. Hurt like hell for a few days, but it fixed whatever I had previously done. Feels 95% better, although the doc says that leg is one inch shorter than the other now!

leftiye
09-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Waksupi, Won't matter if it's shorter, what with you bein' so bowlegged that is :bigsmyl2::kidding: Hopin' you guys' good luck continues!

KYCaster
09-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Sounds like it's time to change your name.........

........to Ilene. [smilie=1:

Jerry

Bret4207
09-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Back when I was still gainfully employed and driving 8-12 hours a day I had a weekly appt with the chiropractor. If fact at one point I was going every other day! After he got the major damage realigned I found that every time I went I would be sore for a day or two and then things would clear up. After a years worth of work or so things were great and when I slipped something I could really tell. I would imagine it's the same type of thing for you guys- when you fell or twisted just right you released the pressure and the pain stopped. Wait until you twist the wrong way though! You thought you had pain before, you ain't seen nuthin' boys.

Some folks think chiropractors are quacks, I don't. You might consider some work with one when the pain gets bad.

Fishman
09-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I had a fall last year at deer camp. Slick linoleum floor and carelessness not a tree stand thank goodness. Anyway, I did somethin to my hip and crippled around camp for three days and then the long drive home. Had a dr appointment the next day. Laid down in bed and my body shifted a bit. Something popped in my hip and oh my I thought a grenade had gone off under me. Once I quit sniffling i got up and realized my pain had greatly diminished. The dr told me that the hip bone has an area where two bones join together that had likely dislocated. Laying in my soft bed put them right. So my pelvis quickly healed but I still have problems occasionally with my hip socket.

Guesser
09-11-2011, 09:13 AM
1" shorter, that means that you have to walk all the way around the mountain to get home. If you decide to turn around and walk back you'll tip over!!!! Side Hill Gouger; anyone????

MtGun44
09-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Glad to hear that you got some pain relief. I have never been to a chiropracter, and I used
to think they were all quacks. I still think the ones that are going to cure your liver cancer
with back manipulation and a special milk shake should be avoided, but I have seen my
Dad go from can't walk and severe pain to just fine in two days after getting his back
adjusted, so there is something there. Maybe not for all things and maybe not for all
cases, but I think if I had a really painful back or leg I'd give it a try.

Bill

Bret4207
09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
1" shorter, that means that you have to walk all the way around the mountain to get home. If you decide to turn around and walk back you'll tip over!!!! Side Hill Gouger; anyone????

East of the Mississippi that animal is called a Side Hill Wampus. Never seen one myself, but I hear they are a terrible beast!:mrgreen:

Bret4207
09-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Glad to hear that you got some pain relief. I have never been to a chiropracter, and I used
to think they were all quacks. I still think the ones that are going to cure your liver cancer
with back manipulation and a special milk shake should be avoided, but I have seen my
Dad go from can't walk and severe pain to just fine in two days after getting his back
adjusted, so there is something there. Maybe not for all things and maybe not for all
cases, but I think if I had a really painful back or leg I'd give it a try.

Bill

I have reservations about the ones claiming they can fix cancer with chemo and radiation too!

firefly1957
09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear you are pain free this getting older sucks but is still better than the alternative.

9.3X62AL
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Hear, hear Firefly!

I have my share of issues medically, but thankfully chronic or ongoing pain aren't among them. This "getting old" bit is not for sissies.

August
09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, after these testimonials, I'm headed out to the curb and.....

MtGun44
09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Bret,

I have at least 3 friends/family that have been totally cured of cancer with chemo and radiation, so I am a believer. Not that anything is perfect and we all are different, as are
all cancers and the stage when they are discovered. Also, docs vary a LOT in skill set. A
friend teaches MD students anatomy and he tells me that there are about 10% that are
pure geniuses, another 30% that are really, really capable, about 30% that are good
and safe, about 20% that are pretty marginal, and 10% that are idiots that he hopes will
wind up in medical adminstration ASAP.

Bill