PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cogliosi (Bullshop)?

mosinman
09-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Yesterday I received my unopened order envelope from The Bull Shop in AK, originally mailed from my address on 8-19.

Under the Bull Shop address is a yellow sticker by the P.O. dated 8-31 that states:

RETURN TO SENDER - REFUSED - UNABLE TO FORWARD

Also, handwritten diagonally across the Bull Shop address is the underlined word, "Deceased".

Had heard that The Bull Shop had ceased operations but the circumstances were unclear. Wish I knew more, but this is all I've got.

Have any AK members or others learned anything new about this?

mosinman

45nut
09-08-2011, 11:43 AM
We are trying to get facts,, and not gossip to lean on.
Right now all we know for sure is Dan is not posting about it.
Until Dan himself deems it's time to clear the air let's not play this out as if this is Dr Phil's script department.

cbrick
09-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Has anyone learned any legit info about Dan?

Rick

redneckdan
09-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Nothing legit at the moment. Again, repeating what Ken said, lets not turn castboolits into a rumor mill.

Dan and Family live in alaska and have a subsistence life style from what I gather. Late summer through fall is crunch time. Winter is when they crank out the fine products that we all crave.

Finster101
09-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I do wish Dan or someone from the family would post something. I am not trying to stir the pot. I like Dan from his post and his take on things, not to mention his AK stories from time to time. I regret having been in Delta Junction last summer and not stopping by the store. My best wishes to him and his family.

James

walltube
09-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes, please, heed the words of Ken's Post, in particular the last sentence . It is disrespectful to do otherwise.

Let us have patience with this.

Wt.

cbrick
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Again, repeating what Ken said, lets not turn castboolits into a rumor mill.

Strange thing to say. No one did that, simply asked if anyone had any LEGIT info.

Quite the rumor that is huh?

Rick

redneckdan
09-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Strange thing to say. No one did that, simply asked if anyone had any LEGIT info.

Quite the rumor that is huh?

Rick

I don't find it strange at all. You are correct that no one has done any rumor milling yet. That sentence is merely a request to keep that up. Probably just the way it was read. Hard to convey tone or inflection in black and white print.

Wayne Smith
09-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Ken is right. Remember that this is not the first thread on this topic. Most of us like Dan and family and are truly concerned. The best we can do now is pray for them and wait.

MakeMineA10mm
09-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes, patience, please. Remember, as stressful as this is for us (as he's made some good on-line friends here), it's more stressful for the family.

montana_charlie
09-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't know anything concrete about Dan's condition or that of his family, but I do know they have an enemy living near them.
He posted here for a short while as 800d, then disappeared when he had accomplished his objective.

I would not put it past him to mess with Dan's mail ... although I have no way of knowing that he does so.

CM

ph4570
09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Talk about stirring the rumor pot -- YIKES!

runfiveslittlegirl
09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I talk to Junior almost every day, and as far as I know his dad is alive. They're just having some family problems. I'm not going into detail, its not my place to say

Bad Water Bill
09-12-2011, 12:26 AM
runfivesLITTLEgirl You will have to change that name shortly. I remember some of dads pictures when YOU were shooting. :bigsmyl2: How time flys.

Thanks for the post that all are healthy. Many of us were worried about their health. A family problem I can understand and hope for the best. Been there and survived. Now thanks to a wonderful YOUNG LADY this old man can sleep tonight.

Thanks again.

Buckshot
09-12-2011, 01:18 AM
We are all aware of the contributions the Congiolosi family has made to this board, both via their services and products. We all care for them as friends naturally care for each other, and that is our only interest. Any personal issues they may be having are just that, personal.

runfiveslittlegirl, timely post suggests that the problem could in fact be personal, and that's as far as it needs to go.

Bad Water Bill Made a post that pretty much says it all. With that I feel that we need to simply keep the Congiolosi family in our thoughts and prayers, and whatever happens, happens for the best for them.

At this point I don't feel further conjecture would be worthwhile, so I'm going to close this public thread.

.................Buckshot