PDA

View Full Version : Lee lead hardness tester

twotoescharlie
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
What happened to them, I Don't see them for sale anywhere.

TTC

Mel-4857
06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Several months ago the fella I buy most of my powder , brass and Lee stuff from said Lee couldn't find a volume supplier for the magnifier for the tester. He's had them back ordered for months now. Mel

twotoescharlie
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
I thought something was wrong, none of the normal suppliers had them, have seen no advertising for them either. thanks

TTC

nvbirdman
06-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Why does this remind me of a tool that Midway had for sale about six or seven years ago?
This tool was supposed to help you if you punched out a primer and left the outside of the primer cup stuck in the case.
Midway's advertising said "It's happened to all of us"
I have loaded over 100K rounds and it has never happened to me.
If it ever did happen, it would be cheaper to throw the case away rather than spend five dollars or so for the tool.
The tool did not sell so it was discontinued.
I wonder if the Lee hardness tester is simply not selling well.

JohnH
06-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I doubt it is a question of it selling well. Lee has supported their product line well over the years, I figure the problem is getting a good supply on the loupe

fatnhappy
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I doubt it is a question of it selling well. Lee has supported their product line well over the years, I figure the problem is getting a good supply on the loupe

I really find that hard to believe considering the ubiquitous availability of cheap loupes for the print industry. I've been wrong before though.

Willbird
06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
They can't find one Cheap enough heheheheheheheh.....Richard Lee is cheaper than his customers, imagine THAT hehe

all in good fun.

Bill

porkchop bob
07-13-2005, 06:29 PM
For Info - This is reply from Lee Precision, Inc dated 6/3/2005

We do not have a lead hardness tester at this time because we are having trouble obtaining parts from an outside vendor. We are working on trying to remedy the situation and are hoping to be able to offer it to our valued customers in 2006.
---------------
At 10:33 PM 6/2/05 -0400, you wrote:

Do you have a lead hardness tester to allow one to determine the hardness of the lead alloy?

Thanks, Bob
----------------

Lee Precision
4275 Highway U
Hartford, WI 53027
(262) 673-3075 phone
(262) 673-9273 fax

BlueMoon
07-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I have a Lee hardness tester I bought a couple of years ago and a recent buy of a Saeco hardness tester.

The Lee is harder to use and takes some practice to look through the magnifying thing and didn't suit my eyes very well. But, you can use it on a flat place on a ingot. With the Saeco, you need to cast a flat nosed bullet out of the alloy to be tested or file a flat place on a round nose bullet.

I have heard the same thing about Lee having trouble getting some item in his tester kit.

Bill