PDA

View Full Version : The hard way to get beeswax. Funny

hunter64
01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Daughter showed me this last night and I about killed myself laughing.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=320231496

piwo
01-26-2007, 01:58 PM
That was entirely hilarious!

Old Ironsights
01-26-2007, 02:18 PM
"87 Octane reporting for duty... "

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/MrMisanthrope/octane2.jpg

"OH DEAR LORD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL. I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN RIGHT NOW."

ROTFLMAO!

Those are some pics!

Nueces
01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh, Man....

to be eight again, and on a mission from God...

357maximum
01-26-2007, 04:42 PM
While I enjoy a good fireball as much as the next fella(or a bit more[smilie=1: )....that is a shame to see...wild honeybees are so rare around here anymore..the mites and cutting of mature hollow trees around here have made wild honeybees almost a memory....

mozark
01-26-2007, 06:37 PM
That's sad.

I keep a couple of hives, and honeybees in general are pretty gentle, and a swarm is entirely harmless. The swarm constitutes about 1/3 of a hive that has left with a new queen and is looking for a home. They will not sting. Call a local beekeeper and he/she will usually drop what they are doing and come get the swarm. Quite valuable to the beekeeper.

As 357maximum points out, honeybees in the wild are almost extinct.

MM

44man
01-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I feel the same. It is a disaster to lose bees

James Wisner
01-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Having kept bee's myself for many years. A Swarm is not going to hurt anyone.
I have removed many swarms in no more than short sleeves and no headgear.

The only times I have ever been stung removing a swarm like that, was in two differnet cases.

Never open your mouth to tell anyone anything untill you are out and away of the flying swarm. Live bees taste awful and will sting once inside your mouth.

I had one bee think that the inside of my nose was a crawl space, and once in could not turn around. I was on a step ladder and just had cut off the branch the swarm was on. All I could do was stand there and not drop the branch and cry my eyes out.

If you think getting kicked in the groin is back you have no idea how much it hurts to had a bee sting inside your nose.

Sorry to say my back is such I no longer do many hives anymore. Still keep a few hives around for the apple trees. But not like the 3 to 4 dozen I used to work every year. I still see several swarms each year and they will get your attention but just leave them alone, unless you are a Red Neck I quess.

Jim Wisner

Parson
01-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I once lived in the Central African Republic, one day a guy comes to the house wanting to sell some honey. He was not a handsome man as he had lumps all over his body. One of the guys asked where got the honey. He said he climbed the tree and took it away from the bees. My friend asked "how do you dare do that"? With a grin on his face he said as best I can translate it "if you are man enough you can do it" which explained the lumps over his body. Take my word for it, the term "African Killer Bees"may be a little over done but they are way more mean than anything we have over here.