PDA

View Full Version : So thats took longer then I thought it would...

LeadHound
09-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Howdee all I ran across this site the other night :coffeecom while I was thinking about dusting off the O'l casting pot. I had a perrty good stock built up but went to load up some more 148 HBWC for the trooper and what Ya know I'm out. It been how long since I cast anything HMMM. It was about 8000 in each box so it been awhile I don't shoot that much. The pots is over in Dads Garage with the rest the stuff anyway, I'm going up there this weekend so guess what... I could melt them WW next week got plenty lead saved up it's time I made some ingots anyway, that should take awhile.

I saw the section om Swaging reminded me I about those half jacket .430 HP that Uncle Bill use to make. Wish I had the stuff for those again. Someday I would like to make Copper Jackets again, I saw some threads here might have promise to find the right dies for some thing reasonable. He also did the 22Lr for .224 jacket those are fun. He called them scrap rounds, cuz it was “The WW that didn’t melt and other stuff not for the good bullets, wrapped in an o'l .22 case.” They shot good. :Fire:

So that a lil about me Thought I would Introduce myself since I signed up. I have got so many new and renewed Ideas running I my head, hope all the molds still in the same box. Well I am off to paruse the threads to learn a lil more about someth'in hope to see ya there. :coffeecom

coyotebait
09-02-2011, 03:06 PM
LH
Welcome aboard. What do you shoot the wadcutters through?
coyotebait

LeadHound
09-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Colt Trooper .357 Old Ploice issue trade in 6" Brl and always dead on.....

coyotebait
09-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Cool. Back when I shot bullseye, I shot against a guy who shot a trooper. Nice revolver.
coyotebait

Blammer
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
where in WNC are you?

I'm in Asheville, NC.

Welcome.

metweezer
09-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Welcome Leadhound.

blackthorn
09-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Welcome aboard!