PDA

View Full Version : My experience shooting .40 and cast

Gswain
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
So the lady and I went to the range yesterday and played around, had a great time overall. Need to get her some new earmuffs though, hers gave her a headache.

I had previously cast up a bunch of the LEE 175TL truncated cone boolits, water dunked. I tumble lubed before and after sizing with recluse lube, sized to .401. Loaded on my loadmaster, used my .40sw lee FCD (pistol style die) and had no issues with the carbide ring swaging the rounds. Stuffed em with 5.6 GR of AA#5. I just loaded up 100 of em to see how they would work out and see what my leading situation would be like. I am shooting these through a Sig P226R. ABSOLUTELY NO LEADING!! even after 100 rounds. :happy dance: :guntootsmiley: Needless to say I was a very, very happy camper. Not sure about the accuracy because I am still not good enough to be the limiting factor, boolits seem to go where they are supposed to when I do my part tho. I would post pics, but they would be of a clean barrel :bigsmyl2:

ph4570
09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Sounds like yo have a good combo there. I use the Lee 175 with standard lube groove in my S&W 1006 10mm with good results.