PDA

View Full Version : My posting problems

cajun shooter
09-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I thought that this post was necessary as I have had plenty of newer and maybe some older members call me down for a post that I wrote in the Wheel guns section under most accurate gun out of the box. They are others I am sure and this is why I want to revel this information. I will first say that this post is not an excuse or a way for me to make improper post with a Cart Blanche card.
For the first thing I am a diabetic insulin dependant person. I take two injections a day with two different insulin. I also take about 8 pills that make it work as it should. As of late my body has been making some big changes and I have several highs and lows during the day. I am aware of how to treat these but if you are close to some one with diabetes you know that it is a fast change. That person will appear to be drunk, or a crazy person.
My second thing that I have going on is that I have 4 disc that are destroyed. They are L-2 through L-5. They are bone to bone and the only thing that the doctors may do at this time is that they implanted a infusion pump into my body and it is refilled about every 10 weeks or so by a large needle that is inserted into a port on my pump. It does not cover all my pain and I have several times a day when I must sit or take a pill to help things along. After the pump was installed I was able to join SASS and get back to shooting which I was not able to do for over 4 years.
The next thing that happened on Christmas of 2010 was that I was unable to breathe and like most 64 year old thought it was my heart. After 4 doctors I found that I had a paralyzed diaphragm that was shutting down my right lung and I was only breathing on one lung. I had to carry an emergency oxygen machine in my truck.
Well I was still able to shoot until April hit with the 90 degree days and I could no longer breathe. I have not shot since then. I still am able to visit my favorite forum of Cast Boolits and can't stand to start a day without it.
My problem is that I forget things like my best friends name or what the correct word is to use so that I may have those who read the post understand it. I keep a electronic dictionary and a paper book on my desk for those mind lapse times.
I have wanted to help others all my life and was a cub scout and right on up to joining the Army in 1965 which was not a popular thing to do. When I came home I worked in gun stores and did construction work. I also took criminal justice classes at LSU while serving as a reserve Deputy. I finally joined the force full time in 1974 for $580 a month. After 15 years and the lost of two riding partners I gave it up. I still wanted to help people but the politics of the job was too much. The very people that yelled for your help would tell a lie to make money off you. While working in the gun store I acquired my own FFL. After 12 years I turned it in as I was hundreds of dollars in the hole from giving deals to my so called friends. I would do things like have a gun overnight with the promise of payment only to never see a dime. My wife will tell you that since I have been a member of this forum I have sent people reloading equipment, supplies, gun parts, scopes and casting pots, dies and lubes all for no cost. Not even shipping.
I am not trying to give myself accolades but explain that if you need something and I have it, it's yours.
Finally I want to say that in my posting I used the wrong words and had no intentions of hurting or speaking badly of anyone. I think that those who call people names that they don'.t even know is wrong. I am far from being perfect and I will apologize to any person that I have done wrong to. I posted this as the doctors told me last week there was nothing more they could do for me. I did not want certain things left unsaid. If I own you an apology please contact me at dshultz47@gmail.com so that we may talk. Take Care David

felix
09-01-2011, 04:57 PM
What posting problems? I have not witnessed any whatsoever. It takes two or more to tangle, and I have never seen you as an initiator of possibilities of such. Forget it, David, and just be the David we all know as a BIG person. ... felix

We ALL got some kind of problem with one or more of these fundamentals: physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual. ... felix

lbaize3
09-01-2011, 07:01 PM
David,
It sounds like we have a bunch of the same problems and background. If you ever get over toward the Orange, Texas way, let me know and we'll go shooting. Ya never have enough shooting buddies! Heck, you can even use my ammo and guns. We can either shoot in my back yard or go down the road about six miles to a fine shooting range. Skeet, trap, cowboy action, pistol, rifle, rapid fire, and long ranges to enjoy. We'll have a good time. Heck, you can even use my two insulins and we can tell each other about our law enforcement careers, criminal justice degrees and just how much our darned backs are bugging us.
Hang tight bud, even the best of families get cross ways sometimes. Don't mean a thing.
Leonard

hiram1
09-01-2011, 08:41 PM
dont worry be happy

Calamity Jake
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM
What Felix said X 2

geargnasher
09-02-2011, 12:52 AM
You're a helluva man, David, no worries here. Anyone who cares even a little bit about being genuine here can see that through your posts. If you want to know what it's like to be manic/depressive go read through some my posts, in order. Note the date/time.

Hang in there, some realms go well beyond what doctors are trained to understand.

Ian

w30wcf
09-20-2011, 10:50 PM
David,
Very sorry that your health isn't better than it is. I'm with the rest of the reponders. Please don't be overly concerned about it.

Some folks may not get the true meaning of what you have posted and then "jump to conclusions" as the old saying goes.

Human nature I guess.....

Keep up the good work.

w30wcf

Wayne Smith
09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Its too bad that in a community like this we really can't know one another. Even ten minutes spent in your physical presence, David, would educate all of us mightly of your difficulties. Ian, yours would be slightly more subtle!

We all have our crosses to bear, some of them are heavier than others. We rarely see them in the posting and typing, and when they are seen they are not recognized for what they are.

I would advise patience and a concious refusal to jump to judgment for all of us, until we know what's going on in the life of the poster.

Thank you, David, for being open with this.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-21-2011, 08:14 AM
David,
I always appreciate your comments on my posts/comments.
especially in the recipe section.

I understand even more now.
God be with you, my friend.
Jon

jmsj
09-21-2011, 08:40 AM
David,
I've got to agree with the fellas. I do not read every post on the site but I have never read what would be considered a false or malicious post from you.
We have only had a limited amount of correspondence but you have always been a gentleman.
I am sorry to hear about your health problems. We will be keeping good thoughts and prayers for you.
Stay strong, jmsj

300winmag
09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
David
I have to agree with the above, I have read many of your post. Never any harm nor foul but very interesting and educational.
Good luck to you.:drinks:
300winmag

Lee
09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
+10 on the above posts. I hope you conquer your health issues. I for one have always valued your input and opinion on subjects brought up on this forum. FWIW my prayers are with you ..... Lee

smoked turkey
09-21-2011, 10:26 PM
David you are a good man. I would be proud to call you a friend. Like the others I don't get a chance to read all posts on this forum. I have read a portion of your posts and never did see anything to indicate a problem. Heck if they only allowed perfect people here there wouldn't be too many people left. In fact I should say none. God bless you and I pray that your health will improve so that you can once again do some of the things you enjoy doing.

iron mule
09-24-2011, 09:04 AM
hey SHake
don't worry about what some may think or say/// the people that know you know the type of person that you are /// you do not have to prove or explain it to the ones that don't know you // i have not read the post you refer to but again i have no need to read it because i know you and who and what you are and have no problem with you//// most people tend to look for something to complain about and try to look down on others/// as you i have had a career in law enforcement and one thing it taught me is not to judge people by what others said about them but to judge people by what i experienced from them/// one last word i am sorry for your health problems and will be keeping you in my thoughts when i send some smoke down range
you take care of yourself and feel free to call on me if there is a need
mule

ps. and you have no posting problems so don't worry on that area

Lloyd Smale
09-24-2011, 11:30 AM
with all your going through i wouldnt worry squat about what some guy on here thinks. Im sure if it was out of line it was deleted by a moderator and if it wasnt, well then it wasnt out of line. Most of the guys on here have pretty big shoulders and we all get called out occasionaly. I dont let it bother me and either should you. Get well soon!!