PDA

View Full Version : Irene crashes my smelting zone!

10 ga
08-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Big Tulip Poplar limb just crashed my fish cooker, table, and several buckets of WWs waiting to be smelted. Have about 800# of "ore" to do and now a major clean up too. My wood fired smelter is close but behind where the limb landed. Wife said the limb "bounced" off the shed roof and onto my table and cooker. Hope the shed aint leakin. It'll be a new roof job for that. Mostly my ingot cache and decoys on that side of shed. I can't believe we still have power. Most of the neighbors lost it 6 hrs ago. It's 7:00 Pm and the worst is here now. Due to calm down after midnight. Best and prayers to all! 10 ga

DCP
08-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Stay safe

acguy45
08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
I hear you there I'm on duty in the barracks right now and My wife called me at 4 PM saying the powers out and then again at 7 saying the siding is coming off the house I'm hoping it doesn't get to much worse.

Wayne Smith
08-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I"m afraid I pulled a muscle cleaning up this AM or I'd volunteer to help. We didn't have much damage, just a lot of junk and one limb down. No damage at all.

10 ga
08-29-2011, 06:31 PM
For you other tidewater VA guys I'm up here on the northern neck. Well the shed roof did leak pretty bad. Only about a 6'X10' on each side so not very big replacement job. Still haven't cut the limb off the work table. Had to go to mother in laws house and her neighbor, both in 70s+, to cut trees out of yard and drive. My front yard cleaned up but back yard will be tomorrow. Well the generator was holding but now we have real power. De wife be so happy. She doin laundry and dishes, takin a shower and generally feelin good. When momma happy everybody happy. It was 45 hours w/o power for us and up to 55 hours for some of the neighbors. Daughter up in Hanover still no power. Hope all safe and well. 10 ga

Wayne Smith
08-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Son and daughter-in-law in York Cty. got power back Sun nite about 7pm.