PDA

View Full Version : LEE Dripper is no more.......

Charlie Two Tracks
08-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Nope, I didn't get rid of it. I finally got it to stop leaking. When I first started to cast, I didn't have any tin. I went to a yard sale and this lady told me this figurine was pewter. I get it home and used a torch[smilie=b: to melt it into my 4--20 pot. It was not tin. It looked like oatmeal was in there. I tried to fux it in and eventually used a spoon to get it out (or so I thought). I've had a terrible problem with the pot leaking no matter what I did. Today I decided to fix it or break it! I took a torch and heated the spout till it got cherry red. I then used a small drill bit to turn into the opening. A couple of drips of (probable Zink) came out. I heated it up twice like that and after seating the rod to the pot, I put it back together and fired it up. NO LEAKS at all. None. I am one happy camper now. :D I guess I should have saved one of my drip art columns but that's life.

08-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Here's some of my pot art: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=58240

The drip has since been eliminated.

dragonrider
08-26-2011, 11:51 AM
This was my best

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/PaulGauthier/lyman%20easy%20loader/IMG_9057.jpg

mac1911
08-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I got my lee pot 4-20 because it dripped constantly(so they said) I cleaned it out followed lees directions. I keep junk out of my pot to the best of my ability. I rotate the plug here and there. I have yet to have a drip.???

JDFuchs
08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Recently I started using my lee pot with a dipper. I gave up on it not dripping and found a steel tube placed between the spout and base will fill up with drippings but not spatter. So when im done i just pull the tube out and drop the thing back in the pot :-)

Beagler
08-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I just took the plug/rod and handle off of mine flipped it over and zapped a weld in the hole and ladle everything now. I built myself a LP fired bottom pour pot about a year ago for making ingots and buckshot.