PDA

View Full Version : NEI Moulds

X-man
06-09-2005, 02:13 AM
A guy I know has a crap load of new old stock and like new NEI moulds ranginf from DC pistol moulds up to 4C rifle moulds. Was wondering what a fair price for a DC and 4C NEI mould would be? Here in Canada, a new RCBS DC mould retails for around $80.00 CDN plus tax. His moulds range in price from around $100 CDN for good used, up to around $140.00 for the NOS gang moulds. What do you guys think? I have stuck to RCBS, Lyman and H&G moulds thus far and haven't ventured into the world of NEI. Any input would be welcome. Thanks.

Bass Ackward
06-09-2005, 06:20 AM
Was wondering what a fair price for a DC and 4C NEI mould would be?

What do you guys think? I have stuck to RCBS, Lyman and H&G moulds thus far and haven't ventured into the world of NEI. Any input would be welcome. Thanks.

X,

Why wonder? Know.

http://www.neihandtools.com/

Since NEI are custom, how do you know what they were custom for? And if they were ordered generic size to fit everything, why are these going to be any better than the molds you mention?

If it is "custom" (fits one gun) and custom to you, then it is worth more money than you would want to pay. If you shoot many different guns in the same caliber, then you are probably best staying with factory molds.

If you have just one gun that you want to shoot cast in and want to see real accuracy with many loads, then fit up a custom.

When a bullet fits a throat, many, many options work. Otherwise, you play the hunt and peck game for a load.

BOOM BOOM
06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
HI,
HAVING BOUGHT & used NEI 4 cavity molds I can say they are pertty good. They have a brocure/cateloge of standard molds that you can get to order from. They will also make custom molds.
My .38 mold 4 cavity was over $100 new over 10 years ago. It works very well but as they are Al you must treat them gently so as not to ding them up.
I guess a used 4 cav. in good condision could be worth a $100 now.