PDA

View Full Version : Light stuff for the Remington

Jack Stanley
01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
I've been fooling around with some forty-five grain bullets I cast a long time ago from an NEI mold . Today I was out enjoying the wood stove in the range house and brought out the 788 and some of these cast loads .
The groups were about what you would expect from a .22 rimfire though the bullets were going a bit faster I think . They were loaded with four point six grains of Universal Clays a Winchester primer and a commercial case . I had tried a similar load using up the last of the AL-8 that I had .
Oddly enough the bullets with the gas checks made a larger group . When the weather gets better I'll try that again . Maybe it was just the wind moving the target frame .
It looks like I'll hafta warm the mold up before spring if I keep throwing these downrange . Well at least I remember the mold being easy to use even if it took forever to get results .[smilie=1:

Jack

26Charlie
01-22-2007, 11:37 PM
What caliber 788 - .223?

Jack Stanley
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Opps , I did neglect to mention it was for the .223 remington . Got the cases all prepped to load tonight and realized I'm out of bullets :roll: Looks like I'll hafta warm up the pot after work tomorrow .

Jack