PDA

View Full Version : Value of 1971 1/2 ton Chev

Nrut
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Hello....I have a 1971 Chev 1/2 ton pick-up stored at a friends place on the central coast of Calif.....I parked it there in 1987 and it was running then....I was going to restore it but now I don't want to spend the time or money and my friend says several people are interested in it...I have not a clue as to what it is worth...If any of you know of a website dealing in the value of old vehicles would you please direct me to it....
thanks for any info
Mike

JSH
01-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Mike, the last one I bought in that body style was a 67 GMC stepside shortbed, V8, radio, 3 on the tree. Pretty plain jane really, but it was as clean as I had seen for quite some time, this was in 1990 btw. Married, kid, money was tight, another kid, truck sold then got divorced. Still PO'd about selling that one. I gave $2500 and drove it home.
IMHO, that was the last real truck that chevy built,67-72.
It depends on what accessories and what style it is to put an honest price on it. Kid down the road here had a 71 bondo baby and wanted 6K for it. I wanted it bad till I looked at it. Factory 396, 400 turbo, air, power the works. Rocker panels were gone cab corners, inside by the kick panel by the air duct was shot. I madean offer and he laughed, till I started pointing out everything he thought he had fixed or hidden.
I would say if it is all there and not *****'d right around 3K at least.
Jeff

mike in co
01-22-2007, 02:33 AM
kbb.com is a guide...not the law

there are others

crazy mark
01-22-2007, 06:26 PM
check ebay to see what they are going for. Price depends on location and condition. I've seen them go in the 8 to 15K range if all stock and no rust. More when resored and of course custom items added, that would make me want to do deducts. Mark

Nrut
01-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks fellas for your replies......unfortunatly my friend sold it very cheaply before I could get back to him with a price...I had told him that I would donate the proceeds to a youth ranch being started up on his place so he took it the he was to sell it...:???: