PDA

View Full Version : lee c429-240-swc hollowpoint

indymadcaster
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Just scored new in the box lee 90487! Anyone use this in a rifle? I hope it throws. 430-431 and it would see some pistol use too. Anyone have any experience with this mold?

Bob Krack
08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Just scored new in the box lee 90487! Anyone use this in a rifle? I hope it throws. 430-431 and it would see some pistol use too. Anyone have any experience with this mold?
I recently purchased the same mould (I believe it is the same) but the seller shipped to my alternate address - my brother's place in Tennessee.

I'll be going down there in the next couple of weeks and intend to cast with it as soon as I get my fat little fingers on it.

Bob

Carolina Cast Bullets
08-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Bullets normally run .430 +/- a hair. I size them in a .430 Lee push thru sizer and it barely touches it. Does make it nice and round LOL

Havent fired it cause I dont have a 44 to shoot it in. Have one client who uses it in a 44 Mag handgun. He has ordered twice so I guess it works.

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets

BCB
08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I just measured a couple that I cast years ago…

The two I picked at random both measured 0.4325”…

That is measured with a very good Starrett micrometer…

I set the check in a Lee push through sizer to 0.430” and it touches all of the driving bands and resistance is felt…

I use a push through sizer to seat the check as a top punch for the boolit would probably start to close the hollow point. I use LLA…

I do prefer to use the LAM2 with Carnauba Red, but this particular boolit is not conducive to it, in my opinion…

If yours casts as mine does, you will have no problem sizing to 0.430”…

Good-luck...BCB