PDA

View Full Version : Disciplinary actions!

Harter66
08-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I grew up in a way that well, I wasn't abused,but corporal punishment allowed me to grasp right and wrong pretty quick . About the time I was 12 or so I learned that silence was as bad or worse. By 19 when my Dad just walked away with a head shake,well I didn't sleep much and 5am wasn't nearly soon enough to go get the wrecked truck and the lost load.

Bear w/me.

So our youngest boy gets all stupid, come on if ya throw eggs don't keep the carton and the bag. If your buddies throw eggs scatter.be sure you have some excuse. Our cops in my dumber days had a poor sense of humor they called it malicious mischief and you were guaranteed to clean up your mess twice see paragraph above.

Now we went to the public range sunday, the trip was planned on Wednesday, its an honor system pick up your trash thing,so instead of shooting I have him rake up the back board trash. The backers are plywood so there's lots of trash. Later in the day he and his buddies got the honor of going to the" scene"and clean up the eggs.

While at the range my buddy,of well more yr than I care to count at this point,goes to reset his rest bags, he's got the rifle live 3 fingers around the grip 1 on the front edge of the trigger guard and tips it up. I must have given him the disgusted dad look. He stopped looked pushed the safety on and 2handed it to the benchand stepped back to evaluate what he had going on.

Not to be out done. I've read a dozen times recently that the new Winchester LRPs are bad juju in floating firing pin semi-autos,but its the last couple of trays and" its been fine so far","what could possibly go wrong".1st don't ask if ya don't wanna know. I drop a round in the ol' sks grab the bolt release ...............BAM big divot about 6' in front of the bench. I still feel a bit the fool. My buddy shot me the above"dad look". I took a couple of the WTH were you doings and an attn boy for proper handling which made me feel worse.

The pistol backers are clean, the sandbags will be checked breach open from here on,and the Winchesters are bolt/ single shot only from here on out.

Echo
08-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Honest, honorable men (and women) own up to their mistakes, be they with guns, or women (or men), or airplanes, or whatever. It's the insecure person who tries to weasel.

wiljen
08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Not only is the era of personal responsibility dead, it took peoples willingness to sacrifice for the common good with it. We now use all our major institutions be they political, religious, or social as divisive tools to be used for the promotion of our own ideals and to heck with everyone else.

The spirit that had men signing up for the army in scores during the great wars is gone. Today if a war the size of WWII broke out in Europe, the average youth would say "Glad it isn't me" and bemoan the fact that their favorite European band wouldn't be touring this summer.

The "You can be whatever you want to be" attitude that children have been fed has completely killed the concept that we are all role players and not everyone is going to be the star, the hero, or the boss. No one want's to play the roles that need to be played for things to work, they all want to be the front man.

P.K.
08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Confucius:
To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.

The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.

Douglas McArthur
A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.

Can't really say more than those two already did. ;-)

Harter66
08-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I suppose I was venting about the kid, he loves to shoot,at 12 I think it was a good action and he responds better to loosing his bike than leather clearing loops. The ringleader spent 3 days in juvi this time. I think maybe there wont be anymore issues.

As for me I'm going looking for the harder primers although that CCI number escapes me at the moment.

wiljen
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
As for me I'm going looking for the harder primers although that CCI number escapes me at the moment.

#34 in LR
#41 in SR

CCI Milspec Primers

Harter66
08-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Number 34

Many thanks.

I only ever had 1 other"slam fire" that was an old Sport King 22 that broke a firing pin. That was unsettling this just made me feel plain stupid.