PDA

View Full Version : Helping a kid achieve a dream

SciFiJim
08-14-2011, 12:06 AM
The son of a friend of mine is an avid guitar player and wishes to attend the Musicians Institute in Hollywood. He has a chance to audition for a full ride scholarship. However, his video audition must be in the top 25 vote getters in order to get an actual audition. The last day of voting is today August 13th. His name is Matt DuPuy (pronounced "do-pea". Please watch this link and vote for him.

http://fullride.sonicbids.com/BandDetailsVideo.aspx?b=28963&sr=false&bn=Steven+Matthew+DuPuy

smoked turkey
08-14-2011, 12:40 AM
I am sorry that I just checked here and I did listen to Steven and he sure has talent. I was unable to vote for him because voting was closed. I hope he gets his chance because he is good.

SciFiJim
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
I just found out about it today. I thought voting was open until midnight west coast time. Thanks anyway everyone. I am sure he will be a success even if he doesn't get the scholarship.

foxtrotter
08-14-2011, 12:47 AM
At 9:45 PM it was closed for voting....

SciFiJim
08-14-2011, 01:06 AM
I just heard from his dad a few minutes ago. He wound up 14th on the list. He will get his audition. He has a lot of talent. He will succeed.

crabo
08-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Nice! I liked the different ABC parts

The station is a good way to waste a bunch of time. There are some really talented musicians applying to go to school there.