PDA

View Full Version : Marine Sgt. Dakota Meyer to receive the Medal of Honor

fatnhappy
08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/12/obama.medal.of.honor/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Charlie Two Tracks
08-13-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to see him get that. He was willing to do his duty when the situation called for it. I hope he does ok with the aftermath. The nights can be long and the questions (in his head) can go on for a long time. We have a lot of wounded warriors that will never get the Purple Heart.

NoDakJak
08-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Words fail me! Young men like this are what have made this country great. The Marines have a great tradition of bravery and this young man exhibited that to the utmost. Good luck to him in all his future endeavors. Neil Retired E7 USN/USAF

smoked turkey
08-14-2011, 12:44 AM
He is the kind of man you want watching you back. He was willing to give it all. He is a brave and deserving Marine.

troyboy
08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
God Bless Him. I can't imagine the demons that haunt this man. He will suffer the scars of his service till the day he dies. We owe so much to so few. If Generals and politicians spent time fighting the wars we would not have any more.

curiousgeorge
08-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I just have to brag a little.

This kid graduated right here in MY home town - Greensburg, KY - from the same high school that my wife, my kids, and I did (wife teaches at the middle school). He spoke at the local Rotary Club recently. Very polite and nice young man.

Hopefully our little town helped him to be who he is now, but our military sure was a great influence on him (his words, not mine).

Steve

ErikO
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Several Marine families have more than just a flag to remember their loved ones with thanks to the efforts of this man. May God ease his mind over the years to come, he did his job when most would have failed to do so.

MakeMineA10mm
08-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Fantastic, compelling story of true courage under fire. Wiki has great detail on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Meyer