PDA

View Full Version : Marine Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey

no34570
08-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi
This was on a forum I'm on here in Australia,shooting.com.au

it is a pisser,gotta love this blokes attitude,it is spot on,how I feel too,with these do gooder pansy reporters and others,have a read. :)

DOES HE HAVE A VOCABULARY OR WHAT....?
For the few of you who have missed him, R. Lee Ermey is the host of The History Channel's " Mail Call " and played the Drill Instructor in the movie, " Full Metal Jacket. " He recently played the totally unsympathetic psychiatrist in a GIECO commercial. He is a retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant and a very plain speaker, as you will soon read. So, for your entertainment, here is Retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey at his first press conference. The main topic of discussion is the Marine in Iraq who shot an Iraqi insurgent to death.
ANYWAY, THE STORY GOES:
We pick up as a reporter asks about " how this potential war crime will affect our image in the world ":
Ermey: "WHAT KIND OF A PANSY-ASSED QUESTION IS THAT?"
Reporter 1: "Well, sir I think...."
Ermey: "THINK, FANCY BOY ??! GET THIS THROUGH THAT SEPTIC TANK ON TOP OF YOUR SHOULDERS, MORON : I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?? THAT MARINE SHOT AN ENEMY COMBATANT, ********. SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** AND DEAL WITH IT BEFORE I MAKE YOU MY OWN PERSONAL PIN CUSHION!!!
NEXT QUESTION: YOU IN THE BLUE SUIT."
Reporter 2: Don't you think that the world's opinion of our operations is important ?
Ermey: "OH SURE! YOU DON'T KNOW THE TIMES I HAVE CRIED MYSELF TO SLEEP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT SOME GODDAMNED FRENCH PANSY THINKS! OH THE DAYS I HAVE HAD TO WEEP, BECAUSE SOME **** EATING TERRORIST SCUMBAG MIGHT BE MAD AT US, BECAUSE WE WENT INTO WHATEVER GOD FORSAKEN HOLE IN THE **** THAT HE LIVES IN AND KILLED HIM. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ******* QUESTION IS THAT YOU PETER-PUFFING *******? WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND WHEN YOU ATTACK US, WE ARE GOING TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BLOW YOUR STINKING CAMEL-LICKING CARCASS INTO PIECES SO SMALL WE WILL BE ABL E TO BURY YOUR SORRY *** IN A THIMBLE! YEAH, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. YOU ARE PROBABLY AFRAID, THINK ING THAT I HAVE SUCH AN "EXTREME" ATTITUDE AND THAT I NEED TO BE MORE "SENSITIVE" TO OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS. WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU POLE-SMOKING PANSY! I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE THINKS! THIS IS A DAMN WAR, AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT, THEN YOU SHOULD GO HOME AND SUCK ON MAMMA'S TIT! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU RUNT? NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I GO CRAZY AND KICK THE LIVING **** OUT OF YOU!!
NEXT QUESTION: YOU WITH THE UGLY-ASSED TIE, LOOK AT THAT THING! IT IS HIDEOUS!"
Reporter 3: "Aren't you going against the freedom of the press by.."
Ermey: "FREEDOM? WHAT IN BLUE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FREEDOM? I HAVE SWEATED MY *** OFF IN JUNGLES, WHILE BEING SHOT AT FOR THIS NATION! WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE YOU LITTLE ****-SUCKING WEASEL? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PUT YOUR *** ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING? AND YET YOU HAVE THE UNMITIGATED TEMERITY TO SHOW UP HERE AND MONDAY-MORNING QUARTERBACK THE ACTIONS OF A BRAVE MARINE, WHO WAS DEFENDING HIMSELF AND HIS UNIT FROM AN ATTACK BY SOME MURDEROUS AL-QUEDA SYMPATHIZER!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT, NUMB-NUTS? I AM CONCERNED ABOUT A BUNCH OF *******TIC, ORGANIZED MORONS WITH CAMERAS AND MICROPHONES DOING THEIR BEST TO PORTRAY OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN AS WAR CRIMINALS! I AM CONCERNED ABOUT CHICKEN-**** PANSIES THAT WANT US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS AND WHINE ABOUT THEIR PISS-ANT "FREEDOMS"!!
NEXT QUESTION.
Reporter 3: "I...I.."
Ermey: "DID YOU HAVE A BIG BOWL OF STUPID FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING, NUMB NUTS? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF THAT COMMIE CRY HOLE IN THAT ****-PILE YOU CALL A HEAD! AND THAT GOES TRIPLE FOR THE REST OF YOU PANSY-ASSED MORONS! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I SHOVE MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR *** THAT YOU CHOKE TO DEATH ON MY SHOELACES!!!!"
Marine DI's have a language all their own.
Godbless them all.

no34570
08-10-2011, 08:02 PM
By the way,I did not blank out the swear words,if you want to see the whole unedited version,go here

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/7042-marine-gunnery-sergeant/page__gopid__107706#entry107706

Enjoy ;)

stubshaft
08-10-2011, 08:11 PM
I'd vote for him! Ooorah!!!

TonyM
08-10-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/ermey.asp

I doesn't make it any less correct though... (I mean, aside from the situational details being false... )

CWME
08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
R. Lee Ermey for President in 2012?

MtGun44
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Snopes is not always correct, especially if it will advance the lib side of things.

Bill

9.3X62AL
08-10-2011, 10:32 PM
That sounds one (bleep) of a lot like Gunny to me. God bless him, and all United States Marines--past, present, and future.

Plain factuality has a resonance all its own.

Armorer
08-10-2011, 10:35 PM
I'd vote for him! Ooorah!!!

Roger that!

:goodpost:

HeavyMetal
08-10-2011, 11:46 PM
I wait for the day he gets to address Congress!

FISH4BUGS
08-10-2011, 11:58 PM
......whether it is true or not. It is still funny as hell, and I could see the Gunny Sgt. right in some reporter's face with spit flying screaming at him.
Man that is funny stuff regardless.

no34570
08-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Maybe he could come and tell it like it is here in our parliament,those wankers running the show now,have turds for brains,that would sort out all the freaks we have in our government. :)
Gotta like the gunny,he was great in FMJ,you could imagine what he would be saying to new recruits hahahaha!

bobthenailer
08-11-2011, 06:44 AM
I really like the Gunny ! I wish his show was still on TV ! instead of that garbage show SON OF GUNS.
But it would be nice if the gunny would trim his eyebrow hairs back some !

Echo
08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I really like the Gunny ! I wish his show was still on TV ! instead of that garbage show SON OF GUNS.

Nah, he should cultivate 'em and make 'em bushier & wilder. THEN, how would his act go over?!

And I did see him in a movie, portraying (I think) a police Detective sergeant.

Hardcast416taylor
08-11-2011, 11:14 AM

He`s growing them long deliberately so he can weave cannon fuses in them like Black Beard the pirate did then light them to give a ferocious demon appearance! GO GUNNY!ROBERT

08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Semper Fi Gunny--"giv em h---". Someone in this pansy PC filled world has to "man up" to the truth. War is hell and it does not get better when cameras flash at every round doing what it supposed to do.

BorderBrewer
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Man, did that bring back memories of boot camp! Back then, it was so hard not to bust out laughing in formation when such tirades were directed at us. It was nice to be able to read this and laugh out loud. Thanks.

lbaize3
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Not since Corporal Kupchek marched a group of sailors off the sea wall at Treasure Island (because one of the recruits called him "cup cake") have I enjoyed a Marine's colorful vocabulary so much. Even sailors gotta love marines like that.

08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Back in the days before political correctness took its toll on the military my Air Force drill instructor ( Spring of1967), whom I now suspect as being either an old Army or Marine retread, would have stood face to face with the Gunny and let the words fly.

Besides my parents, I owe a lot to MSgt. Prokop. Sir, thank you, sir!

Char-Gar
08-11-2011, 02:52 PM
For the record.. the Marine Corp awarded Ermey the honorary rank of Gunnery Sergeant. He was not in the Corp long enough to earn the rank.

leftiye
08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
I wait for the day he gets to address Congress! - Heavy Metal
Oooh yeah! (or is that OOORAH?)

BTW, I enjoyed filling in the blanks. Chargar, can you say- "wet blanket"?

Char-Gar
08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes, I can say wet blanket. I can also say accurate. The man has been a professional actor for a very long time and I have enjoyed his work very much. But he is an actor and "Gunny" is a role he plays very well.

The "herd instinct" has never been particularly strong in me.

Bret4207
08-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Chargar is correct. He "only" made Staff Sgt E-6, not E-7 Gunnery Sgt. But he did do 11 years in Corps and was an actual Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego for 2 years.

I first saw him in "The Boys in Company C", which was the late1970's version of "Full metal Jacket", only a whole heck of a lot better IMO. I thought the first half of FMJ was okay, but the 2nd half sucked swamp water.

http://www.rleeermey.com/about.php

Charlie Two Tracks
08-11-2011, 06:12 PM
That was GREAT! You can still catch Gunny on NetFlix. Why didn't I see that on MSNBC?

1Shirt
08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
More power to the Gunny! He is at least real in this day of Hollywood phonies!
Semper Fi!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Stampede
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
He is all so known over here (the Netherlands), the armed forces like him just like most every gun owner. He tells it just like it is! The rest of our nation is actually “afraid” for him.

The Gunny’s show: Lock and Load is on the TV only after 02.00hours it’s not allowed to be on the TV otherwise. Many over here assumed he was only a “Hollywood Character” and not a real Gunny. After the very first show many were in shock….. way to go. :D

Peter (Stampede)

TheDoctor
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
All you have to do is watch the marines he talks to on his show. They treat him with respect.

akajun
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Well the original story may be bunk, but this aint, happened in Perry this year in the Viale Pits. FUnny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlqMKYQdrQ

Not me btw, I just asked him if he would mind a picture with him, which he said he would not mind at all.Great guy in my opinion, I cant find one shooter who has a bad thing to say about him.

hiram1
08-27-2011, 01:46 PM
God guns and guts