PDA

View Full Version : I'm the official lead pickup guy

handyrandyrc
01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
...for a local tire shop. Yay. 4 buckets today (they had been piling up) -- and he asked if I could stop by once a month. He can fill a bucket a month. Donuts are in order for the fellas there.

IcerUSA
01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Nice, I picked up about 2/3rd's of a 55 gal drum a couple days ago, have to stop back and give them a little money for a pizza supper for the owner and helpers, sure is nice to find them kind of people that let you get it for free :) I now have 5 gal. buckets there so now I have a route to make about every 2 months to pick up WW's :) Poor tires on the pickup where a little squaty to say the least LOL

waksupi
01-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I got 1000 pounds today, at 10 cents a pound. With what I already had, I no longer need to worry about a lifetime supply, I don't believe.

dragonrider
01-20-2007, 12:15 AM
I got another bucket full today myself, he told me that a guy was there earlier in the day and offered him money for them, he told him no that he had someone who picks them up on a regular basis. When I go back for the next bucket I'll bring something to show my appreciation.

FISH4BUGS
01-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I get a 5 gallon bucket about every 4-6 weeks. It costs me a case of Harpoon ale and a 6 pack of Moxie every other bucket. I am more than happy to do that!

Ed Barrett
01-21-2007, 12:51 AM
My God, if those guys drink Moxie, there must be something wrong with them. I tried it twice the second time just to make sure I didn't get a bad bottle the first time! I had to drink a lot of beer to get the taste out of my mouth.