PDA

View Full Version : i would just like to say thanks

ratboy
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
i would just like to give you guys and gals a big thank you. as someone who grew up in a black powder family, casting is not new to me. my father was not much for firearms with primers so i got a late start with "modern" firearms. i started when i bought a luger in 30 caliber and went to buy some ammo. oh my. 35 dollars for a box of 50? no way. i can make those myself. i dont know how yet but i can figure it out im sure. that was 15 years ago and before i found this site.i have worn out the search function with some of my more silly questions. :coffee:i was recently having problems getting my new (to me) mold to fill out:confused:.i had always used wheel weights before but they are getting harder to find and am now using more generic lead.then it finally dawned on me, i added 1/2 pound of 50/05 solder to a 10lb pot of lead and wouldnt you know it, the boolits look so much better. i am still figuring things out but having much fun doing so.everyone i have had any interaction with from here has been upstanding and polite. i would buy you all a beer:drinks: but i spent my allowance on 8lbs of unique.:Fire:
many thanks to you all.
:castmine:

Echo
08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Way to GO, RB! I'm a fair nooby on the site,a dn marvel at what I have learned about the Silver Stream. We are among family here...

MtGun44
08-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Enjoy the site, and thank you for being responsible and using the search function. Some
times it gets a bit tiresome answering the same questions, and it good when someone
takes the time to use the search function.

Be sure to ask any questions that you can't find the answer for, and Welcome!

Bill

smoked turkey
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM
ratboy welcome. I am relatively a noobie as well. I was thinking today about the lots of years I did casting and handloading. Evidently I did a lot of it by dumb luck because when I found this site and begin to read posts I realized how little I know. The wealth of info here continues to amaze me. I tell some shooter friends I have about the expertise here. Honestly I think there are bullet and boolit companies with paid people on staff that don't know even half what folks here on this site know.