PDA

View Full Version : Gone and done it...

Forester
01-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Well I broke down and did it today...Ordered up a Star Lubrisizer and a size die for my .45ACP boolits. I also ordered the air pressure lube system because that was the part I disliked most about the RCBS.

Has anyone used the air feed setup with just a pressure tank? My little air compressor cant begin to put out the pressure I need. What about one of the cheap captive air tanks from Northern tools/ Harbor Freight? How long would the tank be able to pressurize the Star Lube setup?

I did not want to spend any more than I already was so I passed on the bullet feeder, has anyone used one of these? How much difference in production is there?

I started out a few months ago wanting to cast just for my .45s which I shoot 18-20K a year in. Now I am keeping my RCBS lubesizer with an eye towards my 30-30 and maybe others...It figures, I find a great way to save money on shooting, and I end up just shooting a lot more.:Fire:

Thanks for all the great information so far!

johnho
01-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I love the air pressure device for my star. I use a tank I got at home depot and it works great. I do find the air pressure at some gas stations aren't able to pump the tank up to full pressure so I take it two work and fill it up there to the limit. Maybe a truck stop has higher pressure. The tank lasts a long time and it's easy to fill up.

The only problem I had, and sometimes still do, is that the piston sometimes hangs up in the tube on top of the lube. I am using the Magma hard lube with the heater. I found that if I don't tighten the top down and leave it loose it does work better. Once in awhile I sand the nylon bushing down a little.

John

ddeaton
11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
are you guys using the heater with the units also?