PDA

View Full Version : Weaponsguild site??

shaune509
08-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Do not log in very often [once every few months] but tried to today. Got logged in but could not get to any other function ie forums, my status page, help page etc. What happened? Thought I saw a email from the forum in my spam but just dumped it as I thought it to be there contest or group buy adds. Did I mis a reset info or something? Like I said I get logged in but then its dead. Not that the guild is like this site or even Rimfires, [I visit atleast weekly, not always logged in but read] but there were some good info on builds and general home shop ideas.
Shaune509

Frank46
08-02-2011, 01:19 AM
The message that I received was that infrequent members would only be allowed to get to a certain point. I think that they are looking for member participation from us lurkers. I joined sometime ago and was impressed by the scope of their builds and projects. But felt I had little to offer as to suggestions as some of the stuff was way outside of my expertise. Frank

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
08-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Frank is correct, I got the same e-mail. It appears that the adminestration wants all members to make "meeningfull posts" to gain access to all areas of the forum.
I had nothing to make "meeningfull posts" about, so I just deleted the e-mail and forum.
Seems to me a good way to kill the growth of a forum.
They do however build some interesting stuff!
Nick

shaune509
08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the answer guys. Frank I to did not feel I could ad to most of the discussion but did enjoy the insight in the builds etc. To bad they added this limiting 'cluse', they truly have driven a nail in there site.
Shaune509

Frank46
08-02-2011, 11:16 PM
The site I found to be very interesting. You had builds from single shot rifles, cannons, 50bmg and so on. While not a regular visitor there, there was always something going on. Since other members here feel the same way as I do about meaningful posts I hope someone over there reads this as I have to agree that they are limiting their growth. Frank

OBIII
08-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Once again, gentlemen, it is the owner of the site exercising their right to determine the "Rules of Engagement" for "Their" forum. While I agree with you, as I too was a frequent lurker, someone made a decision. Whether or not it was the right one will be determined by them. I visit another forum where they closed the Political/Humor/All Other section to those who had accrued "x" amount of posts. Don't let it get your knickers in a knot.

slim1836
08-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I, for one, would like to hear from the mods, as to what is required in order to retain full access to the site. As a newbee, I read more than I post.

I access this site several times a day, is that suffucient enough? Do I need to post a quota to maintain full membership?

I have not seen any disruption to posting, nor have I experienced the problems above, and, I want to maintain good standing with full access.

Any responce is greatly appreciated, this is the best site on the web for my interests in my opinion, and although I cannot contribute much, I have learned so much.

Any help on this issue is appreciated. Just want to know what I need to to be a member in good standing while maintaining full access.

slim

Daywalker
08-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I, for one, would like to hear from the mods, as to what is required in order to retain full access to the site. As a newbee, I read more than I post.

I access this site several times a day, is that suffucient enough? Do I need to post a quota to maintain full membership?

I have not seen any disruption to posting, nor have I experienced the problems above, and, I want to maintain good standing with full access.

Any responce is greatly appreciated, this is the best site on the web for my interests in my opinion, and although I cannot contribute much, I have learned so much.

Any help on this issue is appreciated. Just want to know what I need to to be a member in good standing while maintaining full access.

slim

The members above are talking about a totally different site, not this one.

slim1836
08-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Thanks Daywalker, that clears it up.