PDA

View Full Version : FFL holder question

shotman
07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
On the renewal it has a question---Do you have a hunting license--
what does that have to do with selling guns?

OeldeWolf
07-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Nothing that I can think of. Probably information gathering and statistics research.

NoZombies
07-24-2011, 07:08 PM
It's on the original application form as well. The idea being that if you have a hunting license, you'll probably qualify for the FFL.

I don't know how far back the question dates, probably quite a while.

shotman
07-25-2011, 12:44 AM
I have had mine since 76 and till last renew it didnt say that I reload and cast so should I say I am under the -------------- ???

GabbyM
07-25-2011, 12:52 AM
I just write in my Illinois FOID card Number. Probably not proper but that's why I do it.

The part about legal ownership is on the form. Any history buff can tell you it's all about control. A law can't control you until you break it. So our great Lawyers string enough trip wire so it's up to the government to decide if you are "in compliance " or not. It’s not just the gun trade. You can be selling sweet corn from a tail gate parked in a ditch and it’s the same routine. That statement may not get me to many brownie points with the NRA crowd but they should try running a restraint and dealing with protection racket food inspectors.
Maybe someday all persecuted factions of working people can get together and kick some buttotie. I'll not be holding my breath.

Daywalker
07-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Filling out my FFL to deal in firearms, that question IIRC, has to do with citizenship. If your an immigrant, and not able to hold a huntings license, then you won't be able to purchase a firearm therefore, won't be able to hold an FFL.

I will pull my application back out and reread that section. I had to call ATF since I wanted to put my wife on the FFL as well and that was the information given to me and the way I understood it. My wife is from Canada and is a Perm. Resident. She can own a firearm, CCW and is allowed to be put on my FFL, she can have a hunting license...

Hope that helps...

JIMinPHX
07-28-2011, 01:54 AM
I don't remember that question being on my forms when I got my FFL. That was over 20 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

Rick N Bama
07-28-2011, 06:13 AM
I renewed my C&R FFL earlier this year & the Hunting License question was on my application.

Rick

Adam10mm
07-30-2011, 01:01 AM
On the renewal it has a question---Do you have a hunting license--
what does that have to do with selling guns?
Pretty sure that's for the citizen stuff, not the FFL renewal. It's for citizenship declaration. Reread the directions.