PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday at the range ............ Tomorrow

Buckshot
06-06-2005, 08:55 PM
...........We're gonna be shooting Peestols:coffee: . In fact we'll be shoosting centerfire AND 22Rf type steenking Peestols.

I just wanted to alert everyone 'cause I went and got myself a #10 can of Whup-Ass, and I intend to use it mercilessly upon Deputy Al, with malfeasence aforethought (er, something like that). I have hoarded back one 50 round box of 148gr Lee WC's over 2.7grs of Bullseye for my K38 for just such an occasion, and the poor wretch doesn't even know I have them, nyuk, nyuk [smilie=w:

I am currently in training for the slaughter, so as soon as I decide how many beers would be a thoughtfull and judicious amount for a top contender I'll stop. So far I'm at 5 and it just isn't an appealing number. I'll get it figured out here before too much longer, I suppose.

You guys just stand by for a range report for tomorrow. It may not be pretty.

..............Buckshot

9.3X62AL
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
OK.......the gloves are off, now. I'll be taking along a 9mm (SIG P-226), 357 Magnum (S&W 686 x 4"), and 44 Special (S&W 624 x 6.5"). Rimfire work will get done by the Ruger 22/45 x 5.5" and Dynapoints.

I'll save my commentary for the paper targets, and let the sidearms speak for themselves.

waksupi
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Take along some Band aids!

9.3X62AL
06-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, the 357 Magnum will be along to address Buckshot's hangover up close and personal. 15.0 grains of 2400 from its 4" barrel should provide just the right ambiance.

I might switch out the 357 for the old Colt OMT x 6" x 38 Special.

9.3X62AL
06-07-2005, 05:46 PM
This is going to get ugly, all right--I got whupped right proper today, and I just know that Buckshot character is going to give me both barrels over it.

More range time with the short guns is CLEARLY indicated here. This particular persihable skill is now at the rigor mortis stage, and putrefaction can't be far away.

Buckshot
06-08-2005, 02:18 AM
..............Well I didn't win, but I did beat Deputy Al[smilie=l:. I did TRY to win but I have consolation in knowing that I was right in suspecting what would happen. What DID happen was that Glen didn't even bring any pistols and the scudder won using MY pistols and MY ammunition:confused:

In fact we both tied for score and I got beat by an X [smilie=b: . I used my K38 for centerfire loaded with the Lee 148gr WC's over 3.0 W231. I guess I'd already been out of Bullseye (rectified that in Winnemucca, buying 2 lbs). For the 22Rf it was the Ruger MkII 678 and Win Dynapoints.

I thought we were going to have 7 shooters but Larry who I'd seen show up was just stopping by. Had his arm all bandaged up from a bad fall so couldn't shoot. Then Shooter451 dropped by but he couldn't shoot as he had a dental appointment. He did eat with us and I hope he brushed his teeth after that burrito before seeing the dentist!

I hate to say it after beating Deputy Al, but I wasn't shooting so hot today. I usually bring the Ruger and will shoot 6 targets at 25 yards most every Tuesday. Of those 6, sometimes all or maybe most will score in the 80's. I can't seem to break the 80's, but they ARE consistantly in the 80's. Today when the chips were down, all I could do was a 64 with the rimfire. Ain't that the way?:shock:

More practice I guess. Next week it's muzzle loaders.

.................Buckshot