PDA

View Full Version : .314 Keith GB mold

Phil
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Good evening all,

A week or two ago there was a thread about a .314" Keith style group buy six cavity mold. It was stated that the honcho of the deal had some molds left to sell. Can anyone point me to that thread or tell me more about the bullet, and if any of the molds are still for sale? I can't find the original thread.

Thanks,

Phil

BigSlick
01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I would like one of those too.

Maybe it's time for another GB
________
******* Latina (http://www.****tube.com/categories/350/latina/videos/1)

Dale53
01-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Let me throw some kerosene on the fire. I DID get in on the .314" Keith bullet GB six cavity mould. It is only WONDERFUL!! Now, doesn't that make you feel better?:mrgreen:

Seriously, it is a fine bullet. Whether or not you buy a left over or get on a new GB, I can recommend it without reservation. The dimensions are correct and it WORKS! That is to say, good accuracy and should give good terminal performance although I have yet to try it on small game. It works fine on paper, cutting clean holes and shooting very well. I cleaned a couple of the timed fire targets at 25 yards the other day (two handed standing). This will not impress an Master Pistol Shot but it does illustrate that it is perfectly suited to its role in the shooting world.

Dale53

Phil
01-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Dale,

Do you remember who honcho'ed the group buy?

Cheers,

Phil

Newtire
01-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Dale,

Do you remember who honcho'ed the group buy?

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,
That person would be Willbird. there's a thread over on "Swappin & sellin" on about the third page. Good luck.

kywoodwrkr
01-12-2007, 10:21 AM
To find willbird's posts about this mould being for sale, go to the top of this page and click on memberlist.
Click on the W.
Then select page 2.
Find willbird and click on his userid.
Think you'll have option to PM him or look at his resent posts.
That is if my memory cells are in alignment this morning! :???:
Good luck.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

Dale53
01-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I believe Willbird honcho'ed the .314" 120 gr RF bullet (which I bought from him) and the .314" Keith 100 gr is a different GB and a different bullet. Both bullets work just fine in my revolvers and .32 H&R TC Carbine. Both are plain base and the differences are weight and the heavier bullet is RF and the lighter Keith is 100 gr.

I really wouldn't feel "put upon" if I were "stuck" with either one. However, upon long reflection, I probably prefer the 100 gr Keith. They both cast well in their respective six cavity Lee moulds and I have no problem with either in turning out large quantities of EXCELLENT bullets.

475/480 (Sean) honchoed the buy on the .314" Keith Hundred Grain.

Both of these gentlemen did a FINE job on the GB's and I would deal with either of them again in a NEW YORK MINUTE!

Good Luck

Catshooter
01-12-2007, 10:54 PM
If Willbird isn't going to re-run this GB sometime this year, I intend to. Be later in the year though as we've got lots of other GBs going on now.

I have one too, and it is a wonderful boolit.

Cat

BigSlick
01-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Are you going to kick off the 9mm 125 GB ?
________
VERMONT MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

Newtire
01-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I believe Willbird honcho'ed the .314" 120 gr RF bullet (which I bought from him) and the .314" Keith 100 gr is a different GB and a different bullet.

Boy, there are so many great designs being put into mould form that it's hard to keep up. Wonder if this is not like "The Golden Age" of boolits.

Dale53
01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
This IS the "GOLDEN AGE" of boolits!

Dale53

Ricochet
01-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I think that's exactly right.

Willbird
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
As posted in swoppin and sellin we still have a few of the 314-120 left, we planned ahead knowing it was gonna be a good boolit, however loike all good things the extras will come to an end, so if you want one PM me.

If there are 25 parties interested after that I sure will run the GB again for that bullet :-)

Bill