PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Reseller

bsdubois00
07-16-2011, 10:25 PM
My business partner and I are looking at opening a web based store run out of Oklahoma that catered to the USPSA type shooters. We are currently seeking a source for lead bullets to resell. Does anyone know someplace to buy mass quantity of Lead Bullets - pref in 9mm & 40S&W?

Pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

casterofboolits
07-17-2011, 12:51 AM
USPSA shooters usually buy direct fom the large casters. When I had my casting business, I sold several million boolits direct to the shooters. Had to give it up due to heath problems.

Are you going to be able to buy in large enough bulk to get enough of a discount to make a profit ?

I was getting behind one time and tried to buy 50,000 45-200-SWCBB unlube sized boolits and all the guy would give me was $2.00 off his retail price. No room for me to make a profit.

Contact the major suppliers and see what kind of a deal you can work with them.

I gave a distributor a pretty good discount one time, but he bought over a million boolits over a nine month period. I was out of work at the time and he alone kept me going until I found a new job. He wasn't too happy when I told him I wouldn't be able to supply him any more.

bsdubois00
07-17-2011, 12:54 AM
I will have the ability to buy and store mass quantities - but if all I can get is $2.00 off - forget it LOL

I sent some emails out - do you by chance have a list of the "large" manufacturers? Or a good place to start?

casterofboolits
07-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Just do a search for cast bullets and you will find many suppliers. You might even find one in your area you can pick up from, eliminating shipping costs. I used to give 10% for 5,000 and 15% for 10,000.

The guy I was trying to deal with wasn't going to do me any favors as I was cutting into his sales. My boolits were preferred over his by many IPSC shooters. He is about 30 miles north of me.

ioon44
07-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Here is good source for quality castbullets

GLC Bullets, LLC
Springfield, MO 65810 417-882-8130 417-838-4040

snuffy
07-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Take a look at Missouri bullet co, here;

http://www.missouribullet.com/index.php

Brad should be able to take any size order, and fill most orders in 1 day. If I didn't cast my own boolits, I would order his.