PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain!

mroliver77
07-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey all.
A while back I started having bad heart burn. Alka Seltzer helped (sometimes double doses) for a while. Then I started getting sharp pain in my left arm, jaw and back. My spine is so trashed I live in pain so it was kind of hard to pinpoint a lot of the pain.

Anyhow being broke and almost bankrupt I would not see a Dr until my family and friends got to be a pain. First I got EKG, not good. Then stress test, not good. Wed I had a heart cath to look around and see what's up. The Doc says my ticker is beautifull! He said it looks like A 19 YEAR OLDS HEART!

I am pleased with this! Now to find out what is causing the problem. Heart Doc chANGED A BP MED AND i DO FEEL MUCH BETTER.

Most of my family have bad hearts and die young. Mebbe I will beat the odds. I did quite smoking 15+ years ago so I am sure that helped. Does this mean I can get a 19 year old girl friend?
Aww heck, what would we talk about? lol
Jay

canyon-ghost
07-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Good on you, you're staying alive, that says something.

Ron

Wayne Smith
07-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Excellent news! Can you exercise much? That will help. My stress Echocardigram some months ago was clean. That was a relief. Diabetes is enough with which to deal.

Hickory
07-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Jay;
Glad your OK.[smilie=w:
I'll stop over and see you when
I get back from my trip.
Dennis

no34570
07-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Does this mean I can get a 19 year old girl friend?
Hell,yeah ;)
Glad you are ok.

no34570
07-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Excellent news! Can you exercise much? That will help. My stress Echocardigram some months ago was clean. That was a relief. Diabetes is enough with which to deal.
Wayne,tell me about it,off work at the moment with massive blood clots in my legs,from my ankles to my groin,Doc said I was a walking time bomb,hahaha,I do explode sometimes [smilie=s:

Johnch
07-15-2011, 08:19 PM
. Does this mean I can get a 19 year old girl friend?
Aww heck, what would we talk about? lol
Jay

Jay
A 19 year old Girl freind would probely kill you
:bigsmyl2: :bigsmyl2: But going with a smile on your face isn't the worst way to go :bigsmyl2: :bigsmyl2:

Hope you feel better
John

Dennis Eugene
07-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Talk? Why would you want to talk to a 19 year old girl?

btroj
07-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I hardly wanted to talk to them when I was 19.

Jal5
07-15-2011, 11:02 PM
glad you are ok Jay, take care of yourself and enjoy each day!

maglvr
07-15-2011, 11:08 PM
"Does this mean I can get a 19 year old girl friend?
Aww heck, what would we talk about? lol"

Not to mention, you'd have to listen to her "music"!
Glad you are doing better!
maglvr

mroliver77
07-15-2011, 11:22 PM

I used to run but am wore out. :( I do ride my bicycle. My bone Doc cringes at the thought but it is good exercise. The pain gets me depressed at times and I think that is my greatest enemy. I need to lose some weight and Obummer is helping with that. (can't afford much food!) Like others I will be selling off most my guns and equipment to pay bills.

Hehe, I was looking at a 30 year old lady and thought she was my age. I then realized I could be her father!

johnch I can think of worse ways to die!
Jay

no34570
07-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Hehe, I was looking at a 30 year old lady and thought she was my age. I then realized I could be her father!

johnch I can think of worse ways to die!
Jay
Yep,case of the smiling stiffs ;)

1Shirt
07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Glad that pain is gone! Now if we could get rid of the PIA in the White House, we could be doubly happy.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Char-Gar
07-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I had all of the same symptoms and last December went to see a heart doctor. He did all of the usual test and then a heart cath. Turns out the blood pressure inside the heart was double normal. A simple pill and I am good as gold.

3006guns
07-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear the good news....and I bet you're VERY glad! That had to be scary.

As for the 19 year old girl........aw, Hell I don't remember what to do with 'em anyway.

mroliver77
07-16-2011, 09:33 PM
We went to Camp Perry today to look through the vendors stuff and have Springfield Armory work on a buddies gun.

There were a couple of young ladies that were dressed to accentuate and show off their ample and well arranged assets. I think I remember and could guess the rest! I said a quick prayer "Good job God!!" and with tears in my eyes went on to SA Inc to fondle a couple M1a's and a M25.

It sure is lonely around the place tonight.
Jay

wallenba
07-16-2011, 09:54 PM
I was getting short sharp chest pains. Later after seeing the doc who found nothing wrong, I realized it would usually happen after a long session of loading. Follow up with the doc I was diagnosed with costochondritis (spelling?) It's inflamation of the cartilage where the ribs connect to the sternum. Shoulder and jaw pain though is different, usually heart related. I have arthritis in my left shoulder, elbow and wrist. Having the A/C blow on it makes it ache like he!!. If the doc cleared your heart, do you think it could be a pinched nerve from your back? I blew the disk in my c6-c7 but it was my arm that hurt.

mroliver77
07-16-2011, 11:12 PM
I have had c3 - c7 removed, replaced with bone from my hip and caged, screwed and fused or something like that. Last MRI a couple years back showed the next disk down blew out and possibly touching spinal cord. A couple down in the mid to lower back are trashed big time also.

When the job went the insurance went. When the ins went the treatment had to end. It is impossible to pursue the neck/back related issues anymore and I only went to cardiologist cause friends/family shamed me into it. :) Knowing my heart is healthy hopefully will encourage me to work harder at weight loss/maintenance and get back to healthier eating habits.

This getting older is not for the faint of heart!
Jay

Olevern
07-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Does this mean I can get a 19 year old girl friend?

Jay

I don't know, check with the wife or current girlfriend. :-0

Lloyd Smale
07-17-2011, 03:04 PM
young high maitanance women=DEATH

Moonie
07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Well a 19 year old girlfriend would end in my death, at the hands of my not 19 year old wife...

Recluse
07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I used to run but am wore out. :( I do ride my bicycle. My bone Doc cringes at the thought but it is good exercise. The pain gets me depressed at times and I think that is my greatest enemy.
Jay

Jay,

Bike riding is good, but can be pretty dang hard on the back--and especially the neck.

I'm around your age and unfortunately for me, arthritis runs in the family pretty strong. Compounded with that are some injuries I suffered in the military and in law enforcement, and then the premature wear and tear on joints from high school athletics--namely competitive swimming and baseball (catcher), both of which tear hell out of your knees and shoulders.

I've found the original NordicTrack stationary cross-country ski machine to be superb. It was a HUGE seller when it premiered, but now I guess it's now sexy enough for the new generation of yuppies so there are all these electronic treadmill/stair-stepper/mountain-climbing/stationary-bike all-in-one machines.

THOSE things are what will kill you. :)

Anyhow, I've found NordicTrack machines in garage sales, Craig's List and Goodwill stores for under $50, and have run across them in garage sales and negotiated them down to $20 "just to haul the damned thing off," in the words of one woman who sold one to me.

I used to buy them and donate them to a battered women's shelter I do volunteer security for. A lot of those women have low self-esteem and as a result, do not exercise. This was an easy way to motivate them, make it affordable and give them excellent results and fairly quick.

The NordicTrack is one-hundred percent NO IMPACT. Running/walking impacts the knees, hips, back, neck. Swimming, because of the flotation/buoyancy, can be hard on the knees and spine because the flotation actually pushes the body in unnatural directions--albeit it not by much. But having swam competitively from age six (old AAU and TAGS days) to age eighteen, and then having a job in the Air Force where I did a lot of water work, twenty years will do the damage.

You might give the NordicTrack a little bit of thought. It's incredibly easy to use, is an EXCELLENT cardiovascular workout--and you control how hard or how light you want to do it. No impact on any joints--just like cross-country skiing, which I don't do too much of here in Texas. :)

If you want or need more info, shoot me a PM.

:coffee:

mroliver77
07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Really guys, I was joking about the 19 year old! lol Double that age maybe.

No wife, no girlfriend either. Had a wife for 22 years but she run off. If the right one came along I might think about getting hitched but that's doubtful. Since I found out that Tommy Girl has a man already Ive pretty much given up! ;)
Jay