PDA

View Full Version : $12 scope.

oldgeezershooter
07-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I was at a local gun shop recently and they had some used scopes,I looked at one that was really clear and sharp, I noticed it was a Bosch and Lomb and was priced at $12.00 so I couldn't pass it up.
So to make a long story short I took it home and proceeded to mount it on a rifle.That's when I noticed it didn't have any adjustment turrets!
What a Nimrod, you would think someone who has been around guns their entire life would notice something like that!
Oh well, it make a nice telescope.:p

RBak
07-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I was at a local gun shop recently and they had some used scopes,I looked at one that was really clear and sharp, I noticed it was a Bosch and Lomb and was priced at $12.00 so I couldn't pass it up.
So to make a long story short I took it home and proceeded to mount it on a rifle.That's when I noticed it didn't have any adjustment turrets!
What a Nimrod, you would think someone who has been around guns their entire life would notice something like that!
Oh well, it make a nice telescope.:p

Luck of the devil....for both of us!

I'm almost ashamed to admit that about a year or so ago I finally threw away an old B&L adjustable base mount from a old Mod.70 Win.....I tried for years to just give the thing away, but nobody wanted or needed my "old junk".
So, I packed it up and moved it from place to place, for years on end, just knowing that someday someone would come along needing one.
I would have gladly just sent you the thing, free of charge, no strings attached.
That would have made me feel so much better than finally tossing it!

Quite often such bench / shop clutter is indeed another man's treasurer.

Russ

Artful
07-15-2011, 10:07 AM
you can still find those treasures on the internet
http://buy.auctionarms.com/9642316/bausch-and-lomb-adj-scope-mount-winchester-70

oldgeezershooter
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM
I found another source,H.E. Gibbs in N.Y. carries rings and scopes.