PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Covington (Atlanta), GA

Beau Cassidy
07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I never thought I would be leaving my job here in TN but things change. A few weeks ago I signed a contract to work in Covington and have been waiting for the employment process to be complete. My first and most important trip included a u-haul trailer moving my lead and a bunch of other asymetric things. The movers will get most of the rest to include the 1100 lb safe (whew!). If u-haul knew how much lead was in their trailer they would be pizzed. My F-350 diesel had a tough time moving it over the mountains.

Since I am not working right now I alloyed 200 lbs of pb and ww a week ago to go with the additional 100 lbs I already had. Well after 3 half days of casting it is about time to alloy more lead. Luckily I still have a few hundred lbs of ww and pb in storage. I am sitting on the neighborhood of 10,000 .45 bullets and will have 50 lbs more after I clean out the Magma today. It just started dripping a lot this am. The big move starts friday. I can't wait to get there.

At least the hunting season will be longer. I took the Ranger Z-21 saturday and rented a house with a large enough garage to keep it in.

Echo
07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
My son is in the mix for a new job. Corporate desires are for the job to be a permanent position, with green card and everything. My counsel to him was that ALL jobs are temporary these days, and corporate better understand that. This attitude may mean that he doesn't get the job, but he maintains his loyalty and integrity.

felix
07-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Integrity, yes, loyalty, no. Loyal only goes to his Creator!!!! ... felix

Char-Gar
07-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Well said Felix!

Freightman
07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Integrity, yes, loyalty, no. Loyal only goes to his Creator!!!! ... felix
Right on! I was very loyal to the company I worked for, started a new route in '82 and picked up one 55# box the first day. So I worked way beyond what they or anyone expected of me. (And yes I was Union and didn't have to) but I said I would do the job. When I fell and broke mt back in '93 ending my career I was picking up 10/12 trailer loads of freight a week. When I got hurt I was replaced with three men to get the job done. Do you think the company helped in any way with my situation? well they tried all the dirty tricks to keep from paying workers comp, called with nasty little remarks so felix is right be loyal to God and your family because the company sure will not help you.
By the way they lost all my accounts due to they were my accounts and the shipping clerks didn't like the men who took my place or the "salesman" they sent to help them. "Satisfaction" The route is no longer serviced by them a competitor who had a better pick up and delivery man got it.

Beau Cassidy
07-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately my move isn't exactly what I had in the plans but timing wise as far as renovating my house and getting on the market, everything was perfect. I held our practice together when it was just the 2 of us 8 years ago. Now that it is larger, I still stay busy as I am well networked. Well jealousy prevailed and I have been screwed 9 ways to Sunday. Luckily I saw it coming and started getting licenses in other states and networking. Networking folks- its a good thing and will get your butt out of a crack.