PDA

View Full Version : Question on Storm Lake barrel

mongo
07-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Got my storm lake barrel today for my Glock 23, Plan on casting a bunch of Lee 174gr T/C boolits tomorrow . There is not much wiggle room as there is with the Glock barrel, Is there a "Lee Menting" procedure for this barrel before I head out to the range? I could see a few sharp edges that will need to be smoothed a little. Tommy:Fire:

Doby45
07-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Never had an issue with mine. Shot perfect from day one. Where exactly are the "sharp" edges?

buyobuyo
07-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I run a Storm Lake barrel in my G17 and don't have any issues. Granted I bought it used with about a 1k rounds down the barrel, and I have put another 4-5k through it before I started casting.

If you just have to lap it, you can either use a soft lead slug or a brush with a patch wrapped around it and fine valve lapping compound.

mongo
07-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Sharp edge on top of the chamber where it slides into ejection port and where lug locks up with slide release, On origional Glock barrel these areas are slightly sounded, Have to pull slide release down to get the slide on, A little stoneing and polishing im sure it will work great. Just thought to ask before shooting it. Thanks, Tommy

buyobuyo
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't worry about having to pull down the slide release or the sharp edges unless it is interfering with the function of the pistol or fit of the barrel. The slide release is part of how the barrel locks up, so it's a good thing.