PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Governor SLAMS the PETArds!

Old Ironsights
01-08-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/3212

(Audio links available at URL above)

Colorado Governor: PETA “A Bunch Of Losers,” “Frauds”

As many as 340,000 cows and steers have been left stranded by southeastern Colorado's most recent snowstorm, and National Guard units are helping ranchers in a frantic bid to save the freezing animals. Faced with 15-foot snowdrifts, rescuers are airlifting bales of hay and hoping for the best. But as Coloradans are learning, the wealthy People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) isn't about to lift a finger. Not forthose animals -- the ones destined to be flame-broiled, grilled, or roasted. Appearing on Denver radio station KRFX yesterday morning, Colorado Governor Bill Owens spoke for all of us. PETA, he declared, are "a bunch of losers" [click to listen] and "frauds" [click to listen].

The dustup started when KRFX morning hosts Rick Lewis and Michael Floorwax (yes, that's his real name) called PETA to ask if the group would help feed and rescue the snowbound herds. PETA spokeswoman Reannon Peterson took the call, and bluntly replied: "You're going to save them, and then in six months they're going to be killed and end up on someone's plate. So I don't know that it's really the most noble cause." [click to listen].

Peterson added that wild animals caught in the blizzard's wake -- the same animals PETA routinely criticizes hunters for bagging -- also weren't worth spending PETA's money to save. "It's an act of God," she said. "There's really nothing to be done" [click to listen].

Enter Governor Owens. In addition to labeling PETA "losers" and "frauds," he expressed amazement that "PETA doesn't want us to feed freezing cattle" [click to listen] and stated that "it's symbolic of what PETA stands for" [click to listen]. Finally, Owens declared that PETA is "a strange group of people. Don't send money to PETA" [click to listen]. Asked a few hours later by KRFX sister-station KOA-AM to reiterate his position on PETA, he put it plainly: "What a bunch of losers. Don't give your money to PETA." [click to listen].

We couldn't agree more. As we're telling the media today, the Colorado snowstorm is exactly the kind of emergency that should send PETA into action. But PETA -- whose president publicly wished for a foot-and-mouth epidemic in 2001 -- has a stubborn anti-meat bias. To this group of tofu-devouring loonies, seeing the livelihood of cattle ranchers evaporate is a cheap thrill. This may also be the reason why the vegetarian-oriented Humane Society of the United States isn't spending any of the $145 million it raised last year on Colorado helicopter rentals and hay bales.

To listen to the entire phone call with PETA, click here. Governor Owens' entire interview is also available, thanks to KRFX radio.

------------------------------------------------------------

There you go. "Animal Welfare" loonies at their finest. [smilie=l:

imashooter2
01-08-2007, 12:52 PM
This should work up to a real nice lather... It'll be fun to watch the spin from both sides.

JeffinNZ
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
How do you know when an animal rights campaigner and a politician are lying?

Their lips are moving!!

Old Ironsights
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
This should work up to a real nice lather... It'll be fun to watch the spin from both sides.

There are two sides to this? Here? :-?

imashooter2
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
There are two sides to this? Here? :-?

There's always 2 sides to any conflict. We have our opinions, they have theirs. You don't think it'll be great fun watching them try to twist the Governor's words into broad brush slander and explain why their position is the only one a right thinking American could take? I do. It's going to be a riot!

Old Ironsights
01-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Ah. That makes more sense. I somehow thought that you thought that this was gonna open up an R vs D type whizzin match here.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the Gov. responds to the Denver ARCs & Tahoe Resort Loonies.

357maximum
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Have you ever found yourself wishing for the lights to go out for a year or so....just to see how Darwin sorts things out?

Old Ironsights
01-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Have you ever found yourself wishing for the lights to go out for a year or so....just to see how Darwin sorts things out?

Ah, such beautiful dreams... :mrgreen:

Wishing isn't a strong enough word. :twisted:

Guido4198
01-10-2007, 06:57 AM
I seems to me that we got a small taste of that very thing in New Orleans a while back. We got good look at how some segments of our population responded....

Bubba w/a 45/70
01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Having the lights go out for a year would do more to sort things out than NO. There was waaayy too much .gov stepping in to stop things being sorted out. There still would be .gov "help", but if the whole nation/world went out, things would be too much for them to be everywhere.

(PETA)
And this type of thinking doesn't surprise me at all, nor should it surprise anyone who actually thinks when hearing PETA stories from the last couple of years....

45 2.1
01-10-2007, 09:16 AM

I really don't want the lights to go out, I enjoy coming here and talking to quite a few of you. But if they do go out, I hope its world wide! Things will never be the same again if that happens.

Boz330
01-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I really don't want to think about the lights going out all over the world. The thing that would cause that would be considerably worse than an ice or snow storm and would give new meaning to survival of the fittest.
Where I live the lights go out fairly regularly, usually during the coldest weather of the year. For the most part it doesn't cause that big a problem but I'm somewhat ready for it and normally it only lasts a few days. Speaking of which has anybody but me noticed the lack of complaining from the west that has just been hammered with 2 snowstorms knocking out power and stranding people. I have heard very little call for the federal government to come in and bail us out. What I have seen a lot of is people helping people and themselves and just getting it done. And very few folks have died.
There might be something to John Edwards' 2 diffferent America's, those that are self sufficient and the ones that they take care of. JMHO

Bob

MT Gianni
01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I really don't want the lights to go out, I enjoy coming here and talking to quite a few of you. But if they do go out, I hope its world wide! Things will never be the same again if that happens.

Especially since in the US less than 10% of generating plants can come on line from a cold start, most take elec to start generating elec. Gianni.

Boz330
01-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Got this in an e-mail just after my last post. I haven't checked to see if it is true but it should be. Bob

Denver Post:

(This text is from a county emergency manager out in the central part of Colorado after the recent snowstorms.)

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here, in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a Historic event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC d id not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm. Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.

No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families.

Families took i n the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.

We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate."

It does seem that way, at least to me.

I hope this gets passed on.

Maybe SOME people will get the message, finally. The world does Not owe you a living.

trickyasafox
01-10-2007, 01:32 PM
sorry if this offends anyone who posts here, but i really disagree with PETA and their practices. ANY organization that drives around killing dogs (petakillsanimals.com for the articles) and then feigns doing the right thing for nature and pets should be dragged out into the street and flogged with a shovel.

versifier
01-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Why waste the meat? Grind 'em up for pet food. Then at least there'd be something useful that they could do.

Tricky, anybody who would be offended by your post wouldn't dare post here in the first place. :-D

357maximum
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I really don't want to think about the lights going out all over the world. The thing that would cause that would be considerably worse than an ice or snow storm and would give new meaning to survival of the fittest.

Bob

Actually it would not take a monumental event to knock out 90% of the worlds power, something as simple as a computer virus, or a few properly initiated bad guys could do it rather easily....the worlds power grid/supply is in fact quite quite weak....

mike in co
01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
is this the new dem gov or the old outgoing rep ??

think swearing in was in the last two days...

Old Ironsights
01-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Actually it would not take a monumental event to knock out 90% of the worlds power, something as simple as a computer virus, or a few properly initiated bad guys could do it rather easily....the worlds power grid/supply is in fact quite quite weak....

As someone who has played rather alot with both explosives and electronics, I can unequivocably say that the job could be done with a handful of people, a small amount of money/explosives/electronic components and almost no (initial) loss of life. :holysheep

EMP devices are mindbogglingly easy to build. :shock:

It's just a good thing that the Splodydopes aren't (A) tacticians or (B) rocket scientists.

Seems that the ones smart enough to be dangerous are also smart enoug to run like he!! from the Mullahs. :mrgreen:

jebb45
01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
:drinks: You never want to CHEAT the goverment or COMPETE with the goverment, cause they don't like the COMPETITION.. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!

:Fire: :Fire: :Fire: :Fire: :Fire: :Fire: :Fire: