PDA

View Full Version : need: Contico Gun/Rifle Case Latches.

Stampede
07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Contico Gun/Rifle Case Latches.

Does anyone knows here i can get new (replacement) latches for my Contico Gun/Rifle Case?
http://www.contico.com/militarylaw.html

About 6 times in last month I tried to contact the Contico (Container) Corp by email and phone, i even called the Continental Commercial Products (the main corporation). But they don’t like to get bothered with private overseas calls and have to figure it out for my self. What the H... is going on here?

I bought a Contico gun/rifle case at one of my hunting trips in the US and brought the case back home to the Netherlands. This is about 16 years ago, or even more i think. The case is in excellent shape but the latches are worn out. No big deal, i come to expect that. But why throw the case away when 4 new latches will do just fine.

Okay there is no big money to be made with just a couple of latches, i understand that, it looks like proper customer services is unknown to them. I do have a company my self and i do send my products (industrial temperature sensors) all over the world. I’ll be out of business if i would apply such service.

Apparently there seems no one in Europe that imports these cases, the Continental Commercial Products Corp do have all so a sub-company in the Netherlands (called Curver) that produces items for the household. To make things even more stranger: i do supply them (Curver) but since this gun case is an 100% American product they (truly) can’t help me and i no reason to doubt that.

Maybe one of you might have an idea.....Thanks !!

Peter (Stampede)