PDA

View Full Version : Carroll Paul Daiute

Mark Daiute
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Here's to my dad who would have turned 89 today. He lived through WWII starting in North Africa, returning home for training and then heading off for the Pacific. His dream was to be come a doctor and he started as a corpsman with the Marines until the end of the war.

He taught me to shoot and hunt and fish. In retrospect I had no idea how much patience he afforded me and how much ********e I put him through during the 60's and 70's when I was a teen and a young man.

When I was a boy I played with the wrenches that he had with his 450 lubrisizer. I now know, because of the handle, which is all that I can recall of it, that he also had a Lyman 45 and I played with that as well.

I wish we could have reloaded ammo together. All his stuff got sold off by my brother who inherited it all. I wish I could track down his gear. It would be nice to know what molds he favored for his 30-06's back then, 50 years ago when I was turning 8, better yet to use those molds and send them downrange in dad's memory.

Thanks,

Mark Daiute
Newcastle, ME

Dean D.
07-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Birthdays of a passed loved one are always hard. Sorry to hear of your loss Mark. God Bless.