PDA

View Full Version : No indentations are showing up.

mroliver77
06-30-2011, 12:50 AM
No indentations are showing up on any posts. I like to see new paragraphs indented. I am sure it worked before. Does anybody know what's up with this?
Jay

Longwood
06-30-2011, 02:23 AM
No indentations are showing up on any posts. I like to see new paragraphs indented. I am sure it worked before. Does anybody know what's up with this?
Jay

I belong to a bunch of Yahoo sights and it does not work on them either.

firefly1957
06-30-2011, 02:50 AM
lets see I remember noticing this before when posting.

. Think I used a period when I really wanted the indent.

JIMinPHX
06-30-2011, 02:54 AM
There is probably some hexadecimal character that you can use to show an indentation, but I don't know which one it is.

btroj
06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Indentations? I would be satisfied with basic punctuation. No run on sentences. Indentations would be the icing on the cake.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-30-2011, 10:30 AM
I just settle for a space.

Like this.
Jon

Von Gruff
06-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Will this indent.

Trying hitting the space bar 5 timess.

Edit to say that didn't work either.

Von Gruff.

Longwood
06-30-2011, 05:50 PM
There is probably some hexadecimal character that you can use to show an indentation, but I don't know which one it is.

I will say this.
My keyboard has about 20 buttons that I have no idea what they are supposed to do.:killingpc
Nope,,,, I am not going to try them to find out!

firefly1957
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Longwood That is one way to get indents on your forehead that is.

mroliver77
06-30-2011, 10:11 PM
I swear it worked before. It's a government conspiracy!
Jay

Longwood
06-30-2011, 11:13 PM
I swear it worked before. It's a government conspiracy!
Jay

It went where the period went when the shift key is down.

montana_charlie
07-01-2011, 12:58 PM
The forum software eliminates the extra empty spaces, leaving only one between words, and none at the beginning of a line.

The software does allow multiple blank lines from hitting Enter.

So, I just depend on a blank line to separate one paragraph from the next.

CM

oneokie
07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
.....An indentation like this?
It is all in knowing how to manipulate the software.
.....Although, it is much simpler to leave a space between paragraphs as MC stated.

Von Gruff
07-01-2011, 05:59 PM
.....An indentation like this?
It is all in knowing how to manipulate the software.
.....Although, it is much simpler to leave a space between paragraphs as MC stated.

.....I can see the white dots oneokie.

.....[smilie=l:.....[smilie=l:

.....Von Gruff.

geargnasher
07-01-2011, 10:00 PM
VG, you crack me up!

I would think a single-tab (five space indention) would save a lot of bandwidth compared to a double-return leaving an entire blank line of text, but it may just use display space, not memory of an entire line of spaces. I've tried to use the indent function, but haven't gotten it yet. I just use double-returns like most everyone else.

Longwood, I learned to type as a young boy on an ancent Royal portable typewriter (the kind with the resin suitcase and handle), and even IT had keys for which I didn't know the use! Don't feel bad.

Gear

felix
07-01-2011, 10:53 PM
All of these strange keyboard keys are possible inputs to the programs being executed. It is up to the program currently running which takes control of what that key means/does. When more than one key is used by the running program, the top program might or might not pass that same combination to another program. In other words, it depends on the programs running on what really happens. The only way to find out is to try them alone and with various combinations. Usually an odd key must be paired for a combination to work at all and not rejected incognito by the top program. ... felix

oneokie
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
.....I can see the white dots oneokie.

.....[smilie=l:.....[smilie=l:

.....Von Gruff.

I know. There is no font color available that matches the background.:wink:

kywoodwrkr
07-02-2011, 12:15 PM
My keyboard has about 20 buttons that I have no idea what they are supposed to do.:killingpc

Longwood,
You must have the same keyboard layout we have here at school.
Our IT department doesn't know what about 20 keys do either.:holysheep
I often question if they really know what function the others perform.

Mal Paso
07-02-2011, 10:10 PM
We don need no estinkin indentations!

94Doug
07-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I must have some other disorder, but I thought the original post said "No intentions of growing up." Which oddly enough fits well on this site for a lot of us.

Doug

Rockydog
07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
All of these strange keyboard keys are possible inputs to the programs being executed. ... felix

You can execute programs??? Sign me up. I've got about 16 versions of pdf, 2 of XL and an old lotus that keeps making ghostly appearances. Do I have to provide my own gun? RD