PDA

View Full Version : brno 22

txpete
01-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I got this one a while back.a brno mod #1 made in 1948 in 22 lr.I have been searching for rings for it now for months.they are pretty hard to find as they use a 16mm rail/groove.
last week on another form I had a wtb thread going.a guy from mich. said he had a set.the deal was made ($50.00) and I would get a check out pronto.he mailed them to me the same day.pretty nice to know that there are still people out there that know your word is everything.
so here she is.
pete

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/txpete/2007_01051brno0005.jpg

9.3X62AL
01-05-2007, 09:42 PM
That is a NICE LOOKING rig.......look out, rats!

NVcurmudgeon
01-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Very nice looking No. 1. If you don't know, the current Brno .22s use the same action as your rifle. There were a bunch of ex-Israeli training No. 1s came in a few years ago. A friend of mine got one of about the same vintage as yours, refinished the stock, and put a Weaver K6 on it. Deadly! That milsurp of Carl's has inspired two or three sales of new Brnos since the milsurp supply dried up. Mine is a Classic American, and does its best shooting with Wolf (their cheapest of three grades) target ammo. The Federal bulk HP is adequate, and the price is right. Brno is the best kept secret among quality .22s. Shoot like a Kimber at half the price, or less if you are lucky enough to have one of the milsurps.