PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to dry brass in the sun...

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
while the house next door (the yellow one, which is SOOO close to mine)
is for sale, and the realtor has the family (who is about to sign a purchase agreement) visiting with a Home inspector ?

that's a few hundred rounds of cartridge brass just cleaned in a hot citric bath
in an old crockpot that was on another picnic table by the garage.
I got alot of picnic tables :)

Oh yeah, I also hung out a load of laundry.
My clothes line is right on the property line...right next the that house !

Was that wrong ?
Jon

PS, Honestly, they are luckliy I wasn't smelting some WW, I have about 6 buckets waiting to be smelted :)

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/100_1983.jpg

376Steyr
06-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Too bad it isn't late fall, when you could have a deer hung up while you skin him. Do you maybe have a Spring bear season there? Nothing like a skinned bear to disturb the neighbors.

Lively Boy
06-28-2011, 01:15 PM
new neighbor screening program.....

ErikO
06-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd pay extra to move next door. :)

Unfortunately I've signed another year lease here.

firefly1957
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Nothing wrong with that I have one house up for sale and the neighbor's three large dogs raise cane if someone is in my yard I am sure it is not a selling point.

Wayne Smith
06-28-2011, 03:08 PM
As a general rule - Honesty is never wrong. Inconvenient, yes. Wrong, no.

frkelly74
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh ... a yard sale . I'll be right over.

Charlie Two Tracks
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
That ain't wrong. They might as well know what is up before they sign the papers. They don't like guns, they don't need to move in. The clothes line is on your property.......

bob208
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
around here the kids would have that brass in the scrapyard before you could say what the hell happened to my brass.

e15cap
06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
I am suprised the Lib DFL'ers didn't call the cops on as a suspected terrorist.
Best, Roger

Flinchrock
06-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Looks like a nice neighborhood to me,,,

Number of years ago had some "real winners" (obvious welfare/druggie types) looking at the house next door, wondering why I was looking around in the bushes and flower beds, I asked them if they had seen my pet rattlesnake,,,

Seemed to work,,,

Dipperman
06-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Flinchrock, I think you got what they call "style".

Good thinking.

Dipperman

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I was really blessed having this couple as neighbors for 18 years.
Her husband passed away last year and she decided to
sell the house and move into an assisted living appartment.
So, I didn't want to wreck a sale for her...Yet, I'm worried about
who may become my new neighbors.

Yes, this is a real nice neighborhood, almost upper scale "suburb-like".
I am the redneck in this neighborhood who is pretending to live like it's
the year 1920 rural Minnesota (except with indoor plumbing). So it's more
that a neighbor that is willing to put up with me, and not start a war
over the many hobbies I practice in my back yard. I try to be generous
and include neighbors in my hobbies...sharing garden produce, homemade Beer and wine, Maple syrup, firewood...what have you. It has worked so far.
Jon

cajun shooter
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Have you ever heard the old saying " Good fences make Good Neighbors".

leadman
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
In this era of "going green" they should appreciate the clothes on the line. Just hope they don't have kids that will tear them down.
They may not have seen the brass. If they did they will have to deal with it.

My neighbors say if anything like an upheaval happens they are coming to my house!

walltube
06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I see brass lounging about on a beach towel and not an iota of sunscreen in sight! What's with all the brass lined up at the table's end? Looks like an open bar scene with free food.

I do hope your new neighbors appreciate a generous man that brews his own beer. And projectiles, and ammo. What's growing in the garden?

Good luck.

Reloader06
06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Might have to move to Minnesota. Sounds like a "Free" state. Keep on doing what you're doing. Not a darn thing wrong, and a whole lot of whats right!

Matt

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-30-2011, 03:51 PM
What's growing in the garden?

Tomatoes, Garlic, Onions,various types of peppers, rutabaga,
carrots,beets,spinach, radishes,fennel,rosemary,oregano,
nasturshum,spearmint,peppermint,2 varieties of poppies,
2 varieties of Rhubarb, asparagus,3 varieties of Apples,
2 Varieties of Pears, 3 varieties of tart cherries,gooseberries,
and my prized Black razberries !
Oh and I grow my own Hops for brewing.
Jon

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-30-2011, 03:52 PM
What's with all the brass lined up at the table's end? Looks like an open bar scene with free food.

Modern Art ?

Longwood
06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't mention the pot plants.
They would be gone before daylight tomorrow!:kidding:

Freightman
06-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a 6' solid wood fence with cement footing and steel post, and I have good neighbors. They have to stand on a ladder to see what I am doing and I have to do the same, been here 41 years never had a complaint.

BOOM BOOM
06-30-2011, 07:40 PM
HI,
COOL, BUT DON'T LET THEM GET SUNBURN.:Fire::Fire:

Three44s
06-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Lining up your brass and air drying linens comes under the category of:

FULL DISCLOSURE!

Keep up the good work!

And from what you tell about how you treat your neighbors ........ I'd say anyone with a lick of sense should feel REAL FORTUNATE to call you their neighbor.

Of course good sense is all too often in short supply these days ........... I hope your plan nets you another good neighbor the likes of the one you are losing!!!

Three 44s

blackthorn
07-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Saw some people looking at the house next door so I wandered over just to say hello---you know--. In the course of our conversation, I just happened to say that once in awhile I fire form some brass for reloading--you know--no bullets, just powder and asked them not to get upset by any noise--you know--"its harmless". So far no problems and if the coyote that got my old cat last week shows up--well you know--its just that crazy neighbor fire forming brass again!

walltube
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Jon,
That is an immpressive array of plants in your garden. I know 2 dimensional photos can be deceiving, but it looks to be not too large a plot for all you list. Very busy garden, very efficient gardener I'd say. I am impressed.

Then you say you grow your own hops? Brings a tear to my eye, Jon. I and two neighbors are brewers, but have not given much thought to planting hops. USPS keeps us lazy.

"Modern art" it is.. :lol:

Wishing you good luck with the new neighbors,
Harold

DCM
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
When the neighbors bought the house behind ours I noticed they were doing some remodeling so I borrowed them some tools. After deer season he stopped by to return them. It was a very warm day so I decided to clean my rifle out in the garage. He turned the corner and saw me with a rifle in a rest cleaning it and his eyes got HUGE. He returned the tools and left promptly.

The good news is that when his wife lets their dog run loose they make durn sure to keep it out of my yard, but they let it **** in my neighbors yard. They haven't spoken to me since, I'm crushed-(not).

Got-R-Did
07-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Many of my Friends know about my shooting/hunting/fishing/handloading addictions and always tell me they will head my way when the "feces strikes the oscilator":dung_hits_fan:. I remind them to call ahead with info on what they are driving. Unidentified vehicles are not likely to survive the approach otherwise.:2gunsfiring_v1:
Got-R-Did

LUCKYDAWG13
07-03-2011, 08:57 PM
ya my neighbors love me to one came by last week told me he had a dead coon in his yard
asked me if the city would come and pick it up for him :violin: he left my wife just looked at me i thought i missed :mrgreen: oh well time to light the thunder mug off
happy 4th

Longwood
07-03-2011, 09:50 PM
ya my neighbors love me to one came by last week told me he had a dead coon in his yard
asked me if the city would come and pick it up for him :violin: he left my wife just looked at me i thought i missed :mrgreen: oh well time to light the thunder mug off
happy 4th

Huh????
Did anyone understand that?

DCM
07-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Huh????

I think he missed where he was aiming but wounded the coon??

SciFiJim
07-03-2011, 11:45 PM
My understanding is that a "thunder mug" is a portable toilet. I sure wouldn't want to be there when he "lights it off":holysheep

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Huh????

Heck yeah !

He thought he missed...but he hit the coon with a kill shot with some sort of cast boolit and the coon ended up DEAD in neighbors yard. Wifey gave him the "look", as if she hasn't seen him killin' critters before...yeah right !

"thunder mug" is some sort of cannon he is lighting off for Independance day :)
Yeehaw !

Happy 4th to your Luckydawg !!!
Jon

Longwood
07-04-2011, 02:14 AM
Heck yeah !

He thought he missed...but he hit the coon with a kill shot with some sort of cast boolit and the coon ended up DEAD in neighbors yard. Wifey gave him the "look", as if she hasn't seen him killin' critters before...yeah right !

Yeehaw !

Jon

I guess he only wanted only a select few to be able to read it.
Otherwise why would he write it in some sort of "Weird Code".

LUCKYDAWG13
07-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Heck yeah !

Yeehaw !

Jon

spot on JonB
my thunder mug holds 400gr of FFG its like a short fat cannon barrel
has a big bang lots of smoke

blackthorn
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Punctuation----Priceless!!!

Longwood
07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Punctuation----Priceless!!!

Just like complete and meaningful sentences.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I tend to use the triple period " ... " ( for dramatic pause) way too much,
but I am a drama kind of Guy :)
Jon