PDA

View Full Version : credit where credit belongs

bigted
06-24-2011, 06:02 PM
im talking about the quality of lead for casting boolits that 'muddy creek sam' sells.

let me say that the ww crappers i been casting have been a trial to say the least. the ingots were a stinky affair to smelt and cast into ingots from the wheel weights and they never got a bunch better to deal with. no matter what i did...they continued to weigh different to the tune of 1..2 ..and sometimes three grains of each other. i got them to be consistant with diameter but the weight always went south in casting.

which brings me to muddy's lead.

the ingots come clean and ready to cast with just a bit of fluxing with a pea size bit of my lube. i cast thirty of the lyman 457125 boolits and with trepidation i meassured them and then started to weigh them into the different containers i have been used to.......guess what.......after 11 boolits that didn't weigh but .03 from each other i started to reweigh them thinking i did something wrong.......NOPE DIDN'T...they do weigh within the .03 of each other. after 14 boolits i finally found one that weighed a bit more... .09 heavier. i actually found 4 out of the thirty i cast that i could use for sighters. i cant wait to lube them and shoot them to see the difference in accuracy....

what a joy to use lead that is so consistent...and the cost...well barely a buck a pound compared to $50.00 for a 5 gallon bucket of ww's that require smelting and casting into ingots first and the stinky mess n all.......a buck a pound is a bargain for sure

thanks muddy!!!

Ted

bigted
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
guess i must have posted this among the wrong crowd...srry boys

whisler
06-25-2011, 09:51 PM
What makes you think it is the wrong crowd, no one disagreed!!

ItZaLLgooD
06-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I agree. My back and legs hurt for 2 days after getting my first VERY full (275 lbs) bucket of wheel weights into my car. Not to mention the mess from smelting. As long as Muddy's prices stay reasonable, I will just pay for lead from him.

cajun shooter
06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Ted, Any person here that had dealings with Sam in any way know that his goods and his manner are both top notch. Sam treats everyone like he expects to be treated and is a good pard to have as a friend.

MikeS
06-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I've never had any dealings with Sam, but from what I hear, he's a stand up guy. But, I think you posted this in the wrong place. there's a section in the swaping & selling forum just for messages like this, it's called the Feedback section. Perhaps you didn't get any response at first because it was in the wrong place? If you want, you could ask one of the moderators to move it to the proper place, I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing that for you.

montana_charlie
06-26-2011, 09:21 PM
guess i must have posted this among the wrong crowd...srry boys
Sorry, Ted. I really tried, but I couldn't find anything to argue with you about ...
CM

bigted
06-27-2011, 10:11 AM
thanks fellas ,,, guess i did get this in the wrong place. dont know how to have it moved but will pay attention next time to where i poot shtuff.

srry charlie...next time ill try harder for some kinda controversy we can argue over...:drinks:......:roll:......8-)

Gswain
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
I have a problem with muddy's lead : he doesnt have any more of it! haha. I've been tryin to obtain some though, but he is done smelting until sept. due to heat.

Jim
06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
If Muddy's waitin' for cooler weather to smelt, he might be November before he gets started again. It stays hot down there in Walterboro until almost Christmas!

mroliver77
06-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I agree that WW are dirty, smelly nasty critters. What a pain to smelt! Dangerous? You bet! The fumes can cause cancer with one whiff.
If all y'all quit using WW maybe I can find some!
I use WW for plinkin, good alloy for serious business.
Jay

big dale
06-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I have been a very happy customer of Sam's for quite some time now. I no longer think I will have to find some more wheel-weights, but I find I think...It is time to order some more lead from Sam.

He treats his customers the way all should treat their customers.

Have fun with this stuff.

Big Dale