PDA

View Full Version : USPS delivers on Sundays now!!

birdadly
06-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Ok ok, not really, but a recent purchase I made from the Benifits section DID arrive to my doorstep today (Sunday). It was even delivered by a nice policeman!

I live in a moderate-sized city (70K people), in town, and this morning around 10am my doorbell rings and I find a copper on the other side. He says a package with my name on it was found about 2 miles away, still in town. He asked if I was expecting anything and if so, what it was.

Well, it was 100 rifle bullets and 100 pieces of brass. Apparently someone found it, looked inside and saw bullets and then called the cops! He looked inside and found it to only be components and wasn't worried, and brought it to me.

We don't know how it got there though. Did it fall out of the mail truck? Did someone steal it from my porch? And if so, why didn't they take the goods? Well it makes me weary to have packages sent to me now!

But all ends good, nothing was missing and the policeman was very pleasant :)

-Brad

Ausglock
06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
You are lucky, Brad.
If that happened here in Australia, We would have SWAT all over the place and be in cuffs and locked up for months awaiting trial.
Then get 10 years for illegal "High Power" Ammunition in a public place, not securely stored.

Australian coppers are not firearms aware.

41mag
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Well glad you got the goods anyway. Sorry for the delay.

mooman76
06-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd be talking to the P.O. to make sure it doesn't happen like that again.

captain-03
06-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I'd be talking to the P.O. to make sure it doesn't happen like that again.

Yes -- that would certainly be on my list to do first thing tomorrow ... let us know what you are told ...

Shooter6br
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Had a 45 acp barrel deliever to my old address( Never changed it with Midway) The guy threw it in the trash! had my name address( same town he was in) and phone number. Drove to my old address 2 miles away . Knocked on the door , He came out Told him the story . He reached into his trash can and pulled it out.

CATS
06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
If your postal person claims that they delivered it then it is time to put up a game camera to find out who else is visiting your porch. Talk with one of the Postal Inspectors, they take theft seriously.

birdadly
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Visited the post office today and after a few minutes they said it was, indeed, delivered. So I guess that means someone took it from my porch. Ugh. They offered to ask my mailman to leave me a note for future boxes for me to pick up myself. I asked if they thought he would, instead, just walk it to my back door. They said they'd ask and that he would probably do it.

But, I'm also going to try having most packages come to my work, maybe more of a chance that I'll get them safely.

Shooter6br... why are some people so inconsiderate! My goodness, I can't believe he just threw it away.

CATS... I do like your idea. Maybe also a few signs, "Beware of Owner" or something like that.

gray wolf
06-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I would be putting out some fake packages and sit and watch to see what happens.
Sit and watch with a Camera or shot gun--your choice.
But that's me.

JeffinNZ
06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Australian coppers are not firearms aware.

But they are trusted to carry one. :holysheep[smilie=l:

Ausglock
06-20-2011, 07:48 PM
But they are trusted to carry one. :holysheep[smilie=l:

Jeff. You're right, mate.
When our coppers were transitioning from S&W 38s to Glock22s, they were using our range for training. There were revolvers so gummed up with green waxy stuff, the cylinders would not swing out. others had the rounds stuck in the cylinders with this green stuff.

And they will not let us have CCW....imagine if they had to actually fire those guns??

MT Gianni
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I would be putting out some fake packages and sit and watch to see what happens.
Sit and watch with a Camera or shot gun--your choice.
But that's me.

Box up some dried dog turds, it may teach them something.

shdwlkr
06-20-2011, 08:25 PM
what are you talking about fresh cow pies and spring loaded in the box