PDA

View Full Version : Family hunt outing

Von Gruff
06-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Just in off the hill and had a great afternoon. Mrs Gruff and Bruno ( in avatar family pic) came out with us for a drive. Thi8s was a new block I hadn't been on before and the map supplied was a bit vague but the tracks were reasonably good so we found our way to the far end (about 8 miles) and located a spot that looked promising and sat out the last hour of day light. The peacefull atmosphere with birds chirping etc was so pleasant that it didn't really matter that we didn't see anything. The block is mostly young trees but there are numerous gullies that are clear and we found a delightfull little creek and a bit of native so got comfortable and relaxed. Mrs Gruff got a bit excited at one stage thinking she had seen antlers behind a screen of trees but it was just a few toi toi's ( a 6-10 ft very light bambo like grass with a fluffy flag top)
So no deer, no worries. Day out with family---priceless.

And I have the block for tomorrow as well so will get out again.

Von Gruff.

Euan
06-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Good luck to the Gruff's and Bruno of course,
Cheers Euan.

MtGun44
06-18-2011, 08:03 AM
I always tell people that if they don't like watching the sun rise and set while sitting in the
woods, they won't like hunting, because that is the ONLY thing that is guaranteed to happen,
all that seeing and shooting stuff is entirely optional.

Sounds like some time well spent to me.

Bill