PDA

View Full Version : Quigley Cancelled?

waksupi
06-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I have word that the Quigley is cancelled, most likely due to wet. Check before travel.

EDK
06-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Yes they did. Buzz Coker had a shooters meeting and recited what we already knew....rain every day for days to come. The range can be a mudhole in the morning and have dust on the road most years, but it was wet...and stayed wet for the most part. The big rigs would have "been there for the duration" with the two inch rain predicted for Thursday night without a tow truck...and that might have been iffy. Tuesday or Wedsday night it rained and blew so hard it sucked the doors open at Rails Inn in Forsyth. I've never seen water standing very long in that dry country before.

Another negative was the automobile accident that killed the teen age son of Leona at Rails Inn monday morning. After six years of staying at Rails, I've come to know and enjoy visiting with the staff there....kinda like visiting the cousins back home that you see too seldom. Our prayers go for her and her family.

On the positive side, I left Friday for Saint Louie..via Big Timber...and got home on Sunday night after a detour thru Kansas because of I-29 flooding and closures. If I had left Monday like I usually do, I'd have been going through the various storms and tornadoes that were on my usual route through Nebraska. They had some places sandbagged along the way BEFORE the bad weather arrived.

When I left, I thanked Al Lee and Buzz for their efforts and made the comment that "a cattleman has to be pleased seeing his livestock belly deep in green grass" and I'll see you next year.

:redneck::cbpour::Fire: