PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Two Tracks' Throat Reamer Time Share

KYCaster
06-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Charlie Two Tracks has offered the use of a .357 throat reamer and a forcing cone cutter to be shared by the members here.

Here's a link to the original thread.......

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=104275&highlight=forcing+cone+reamer

He sent me the package and asked me to handle the distribution. Two members requested use of the reamers in the original thread. The kit will soon be sent to the first on the list who will then forward it to the second. The kit will then be returned to me. By that time we should have distribution rules discussed and finalized and a waiting list of requests.

Because of problems with earlier attempts to share equipment among the members here I'm proposing a fairly strict system so we can get this to the maximum number of members with a minimum of delays and hurt feelings.

So........here's the deal..........

Each user will return the kit to me. I'll inspect it for damage, wear and missing parts and if I'm satisfied with the condition I'll send it to the next member on the list. If the tools become dull due to normal use, I'll have them sharpened or replaced, which ever is cheaper. If parts are missing or damaged due to improper use or negligence, I'll contact the last user by PM to discuss the options. (More on this later.)

Because of the length of the shaft for the forcing cone reamer, it will not fit in a small ($5.35) flat rate box, so it will be shipped in a medium flat rate box (13 5/8 x 11 7/8 x 3 3/8) for $11.35. I also ask that the package be insured for $200.00, an additional cost of $2.90. So, postage to return it to me will cost you $14.25. I made the packaging so it will fit the medium flat rate box and can be reused. Flat rate boxes are available at any PO or they can be delivered to you. It is a shipping method that is available to everyone in the CONUS so alternate shipping is not an option. (I am willing to be a little flexible on this to accommodate our members outside the US, so if you have a suggestion let me hear it.)

When the kit is returned to me, include $20.00 (cash, check or MO). $14.25 will be used to send it to the next user. $5.75 will be donated to the site. (More on this later.) The remaining $X.XX (EDIT: Due to increased postal rates there isn't enough change from your $20.00 to bother with a replacement cost account, so all funds in excess of shipping cost will be donated to the site. In the event the tools become worn or damaged, we'll worry about it then.) will be put in the "cookie jar" and will be used to repair or replace damaged or missing parts or to buy additional tools to be added to the kit when funds permit.

That pretty much covers the basics....but there's more........

Brownell's price for the forcing cone basic kit is $81.99 and for the throat reamer is $80.00 so at a rate of $1.20 from each user it will take quite a while to generate the funds to replace damaged tools. These are precision cutting tools and are very easily damaged by improper use. If you're not familiar with the proper use of precision cutting tools, then please do not ask for these. If you're not willing to replace a tool damaged by your misuse or negligence, then please do not ask for these. If you're not willing to trust my judgment concerning the condition of the tools when they're returned to me, then this is not the deal for you. It isn't difficult to use the tools properly nor is it difficult to recognize that a tool is worn through normal use or that it has been damaged by improper use so keep this in mind when you add your name to the list.

There is a clearly written set of instructions included with the kit. Other than that, I will not attempt to provide any additional instructions or training in the proper use of the tools. If you're not confident in your ability or you're not willing to deal with the consequences, then do not ask for these.

When you request the use of this kit, be prepared to return it in a timely manner. I think two weeks should be plenty of time so if it has not been returned to me withing 14 calendar days from the date that I send it then I will ask for an explanation. I realize that life can get in the way of our hobbies and that some people occasionally need a bit of nudging (just look how long it took me to get this done :roll:), but please try to plan ahead so this project doesn't get unduly delayed. When your name is nearing the top of the list I'll PM you with an approximate date that the kit will be sent to you. If for some reason you think you can't get your job done at that particular time, let me know and I'll bump you down either behind the next name on the list or to any other date you choose.

$5.00 from each transaction will be donated to the site, either to Ken and Willie to maintain this site or to Wiljen to maintain Castpics....my choice.

If you see any problems with this system, please let me know. Charlie made a very generous donation to the members of this site and I'd like to see as many people as possible benefit from it.

Thanks for looking.
Jerry

KYCaster
06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
This list will be updated as necessary.

1) Tom Myers
2) Cabezaverde
3) kelbro

357 Voodoo
06-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Jerry you may want to check the size you have .375 the other thread has .358. I dont need it as i have one but thanks to you and charlie for making it available.

KYCaster
06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Jerry you may want to check the size you have .375 the other thread has .358. I dont need it as i have one but thanks to you and charlie for making it available.

Thanks, I corrected it. It's marked .357.

Jerry

kelbro
06-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Please add me to the list.

KYCaster
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Please add me to the list.

Done.

Jerry

KYCaster
07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Looks like I'll have the reamers back next week. They'll go out to Kelbro next.

Is anyone else interested?

Jerry

KYCaster
08-24-2011, 04:17 PM
The reamers are available for loan if anyone is interested.

Jerry

MtGun44
08-24-2011, 07:46 PM
No offense to anyone, but I wonder if the "O'Reilly" free rental system might make things
work a bit smoother. Their system is you pay the full cost of the tool up front. If you return
it in good shape, you get a 100% refund. If you never return it, they just buy a new one
and don't worry about it at all. We have had some loaner molds dissappear or get seriously
damaged and there were issues getting them replaced or located. It would seem that the
full payment up front would guarantee a long existence of the loaner program, even if someone
loses it or whatever.

Bill

KYCaster
11-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Someone asked about the throat reamer kit so here's a bump to the top.

The OP has been edited to reflect postal rate increases so go back and look it over if you're interested.

Jerry

KYCaster
12-31-2012, 09:37 PM
The reamer kit is back home from another satisfied customer.

Anybody else interested?

Jerry

chboats
05-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I would like to use the reamer kit. PM sent

Thanks
Carl

kungfustyle
08-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Would like to be put on the list, PM sent.
thanks,
Jeff