PDA

View Full Version : Selling Bags of lead shot

gl1800
06-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Greetings,
A friend of mine has started casting his own shot for shotgun reloading and is thinking of selling the "bagged" shot at his local gun club. Does anyone know if e's required to provide a "lead" warning on the bag?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Springfield
06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Probably depends on the state laws, the ones I have bought in the past haven't had them. Seems kinda obvious there's lead in there.

Harter66
06-15-2011, 01:32 PM
I was in a Macys in Ca ,there was a lead warning on the crystal glass display. Based on the CYA premise I would say do it ,but again state law may exempt it. Check out the local bags if all else fails.

gl1800
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I'll let him know. Thanks for the quick reply.

Richard

I was in a Macys in Ca ,there was a lead warning on the crystal glass display. Based on the CYA premise I would say do it ,but again state law may exempt it. Check out the local bags if all else fails.

Lizard333
06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Probably depends on the state laws, the ones I have bought in the past haven't had them. Seems kinda obvious there's lead in there.

I'd have to agree with this. But who thought you could sue mcdonalds for a million bucks for spilling "hot" coffee. Nobody wants cold coffee.

gl1800
06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Having to CYA is getting to be a pain in the butt. (No pun intended) :smile:

I'd have to agree with this. But who thought you could sue mcdonalds for a million bucks for spilling "hot" coffee. Nobody wants cold coffee.

Suo Gan
06-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Greetings,
A friend of mine has started casting his own shot for shotgun reloading and is thinking of selling the "bagged" shot at his local gun club. Does anyone know if e's required to provide a "lead" warning on the bag?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

For all anyone knows he bought them at an estate sale, inherited them from Grandpa Joe, or found them on the side of the road.