PDA

View Full Version : Happy Aniversary to me...

Murphy
01-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Well folks, I've been here at castboolits/gunloads.com for one year today.

I can say without a doubt, I have not regretted one moment the day I signed up and logged in here.

Even after 20+ years of casting, I decided to come and learn more...and learn I have.

Many thanks to all of you for the great input and shared wisdom.

And I also wish a Happy New Year to one and all.

Murphy

Throckmorton
01-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Happy new year,cyber buddy.!! :)

VTDW
01-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Murf,

I am new to this madness but have found this to be absolutely the best site on the net for folks more than willing to share their techniques and advice. I just looked and find that I have been hanging around here for a year also.

Happy New Year to you to bro.

Dave

Buckshot
01-03-2007, 03:37 AM
..............Happy anniversary Mr Murphy! Glad you were along for the ride.

...............Buckshot

Bass Ackward
01-03-2007, 08:25 AM
I know that I value my time here. For a multitude of reasons.

Not only do I learn from others, I discover new ways to spend money. Or I have to go back and retry certain methods or experiments. And it seems I remember my own results a little better when I write about them. And it even makes a record for later.

Why once I searched for a subject and was rereading it not paying attention to posters and I got to one that I said to myself this sounds very familiar. It jogged my memory and I said this guy had very similar results to what I remember. Here it was me. Embarrassing huh?

waksupi
01-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Gee, and I still remember when you came toddling in the door, wearing that big diaper. Things ain't changed much,eh, Marc?

Murphy
01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks fella's,

And nope Waksupi, not a whole lot has changed.

Then again several things have changed.

I no longer 'buy' LUBE (Thank you ever so much Felix).

I now lay awake at night worrying is 1/2 ton of alloy enough to keep on hand? (Nope!)

I 'thought' I knew a lot about boolit casting after 20 years of doing it. (I don't)

I used to think LYMAN was the ONLY name in molds. (They ain't)

I once thought I was the ONLY person who knew the 'Tinsel Fairy'. (Thank goodness I am not alone after all)

There IS a way to keep lead smears off the top of my molds while casting. (Thank's BullShop)

People who fish should have to purchase ALL alloy for the purpose of casting (gasp) SINKERS from a licensed dealer. (At current market prices for Gold)

Nope, not much has changed...not at all... [smilie=1:

Murphy