PDA

View Full Version : shot out

XWrench3
06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
i went out this morning on an all day shooting marathon. unfortunatly, i am still on this accuracy kick, so a lot of the time was spent changing targets, recording data, etc. but i did manage to find two really good muzzle loader loads, one using triple 7 and t/c shockwave bullets, and goex with the same bullets. the best i could do with cast bullets in a sabot, was about 2" groups @ 50 yards. i know that is good enough for hunting, but really not with those boolits. they are just cast w.w. from my 230g rn lee mold. good cheap practice boolits though. now, if these loads will work when it is 15 degrees outside or not is the next question. the better of the two was with 150 grains of goex. that gave me one long groove in the paper, where all 5 shots connected. also found a few other loads for the 30-30 and 45/70 using cast boolits. next thing is to duplicate them, and chrono them, and make sure that the test was valid and see what distance they will be able to kill what with. i never call it a known good load until i can duplicate it 3 times. i had the 44 mag (pistol) with me, but i never even took it out of the box. sad. oh well, there is always next time. and next time will be a pistols only shoot. my pit bull mix pulled security duty for me. she always lets me know when anyone is around way before i know it. so, now i have to go. go and clean some guns! see ya!