PDA

View Full Version : Great Day at the Range, Or I wasn't expecting that

7br
06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
My Daughter's softball tournament got rained out, so I had some free time today. Finally got around to putting the PRI adjustable gas block on my AR15. One complete turn for JWord and 3 3/4 turns for reduced cast loads. Shot for function only. Next range trip will be for accuracy.

I am getting ready for big bore silhouette again. I have been shooting smallbore for the last 10 years and haven't had a chance to shoot the boomers.

Got the contender in 7tcu out. Just put a Ken Light sight rib on it. Very happy with the rear sight. Much like the old bomar's with very positive clicks. 15gr of 4759 with the 7mm-145 rcbs put 5 rounds into a group that I could cover with my palm at 100 yards.

Also got rolling with the xp100 in 7br. It was shooting very similar groups. Always a pleasure to shoot it.

The Dan Wesson will require more work. Trying tite group and it does not seem to be getting the job done. Will try lil gun and will probably wind up going back to ww296.

Now for the not expecting part. My sight settings on both the 7tcu and the 7br seem to be the same from 50 to 150 yards. Not a bad thing, just unexpected

Olevern
06-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Now for the not expecting part. My sight settings on both the 7tcu and the 7br seem to be the same from 50 to 150 yards. Not a bad thing, just unexpected

Should make switching back and forth a breeze

lbaize3
06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Man, I do seriously love my 7mm TCU firearms. I have a Ruger M77 with an 18" Badger barrel in 7 TCU that keeps j-words inside of 1" at 100 yards. I have a TC Contender rifle that does the same. I have an XP-100 pistol with a custom 15" barrel that does the same... All in 7 TCU. I have got to get me a mold to cast some boolits for my 7mm. (Just as soon as I shoot some of the 3000 + 7mm j-words I have stored away.