PDA

View Full Version : Sig P6

JRHYS
06-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I have a Sig P6. Most of the time the slide will not stay back (open) on the last shot. Has anyone had the same problem. If so, any suggestions? Thanks, Jerry

CPL Lou
06-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I had the same problem, especially when shooting 'warmer' handloads (none over max). I finally traced it down to 2 things. First was my grip, sometimes I didn't realize my thumb was up on the slide lock.
The second was my mag springs. They were getting old and tired, so I updated all of them using springs from Wolff Gunsprings.
Worked like a charm !
If your still having problems after checking these 2 items, you might want to look and see if your slide lock hasn't 'rounded' a bit where it engages the slide.

BTW, mine is a P225, but they are identical except for the hammer style.

MtGun44
06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Did they sell a non-P6 marked P225? I never saw one, only the two P6s that I have, which
are the normal German Federal (I think) Police issue guns with the silly "drop indicator"
hammer spur.

Bill

Lizard333
06-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I would make sure the springs in your mags are in good shape. Same thing happened on my AR-15 with some used mags I bought at a gun show. Changed the springs and I never had the problem again.

CPL Lou
06-13-2011, 09:32 PM
I purchased my P225 locally, not off of the internet.

Even though my pistol barrel slugged out at .355" I got leading until I started sizing my bullets to .357", just a heads-up.