PDA

View Full Version : First boolits and first shots!!!!!

RU shooter
12-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Well i could'nt wait for my gas checks to arrive and the anxiety was just to much to deal with . I read an article about shooting them without with light loads of pistol powder thought I would give it a whirl ,Hey what do i have to loose I have no idea what I'm doin anyways!!!! Sooooo i whip up some homebrew lube, I cant tell ya all what it was you'll all laught at me too much:-D Lets just say i didnt have any bees wax yet! anyways it seemed to work OK but hey what do I know? My 2 loads were:

#1, 155gr .313 lee w/o GC and 6.5 gr. of WW231 in Yugo. 54R brass

#2, same boolit w/o GC and 8.5 gr of Unique same brass

Man I am ABSOLUTELY HOOKED!!!:-D :Fire: :-D Fired two 5 rd groups for each fired at 50 yrd. from prone position in my 1968 date M39 , Load#1 groups were 1" and 1.25" !!!!!! load #2 were 3/4" and 1" !!!!!:-D MAN all I was looking for when I thought about starting casting was to just be AS Good as surplus ball ammo ,My BOOLITS blows them out of the water:lovebooli !!!!!! AND NO recoil, No noise and barely use any powder!!!! Why didnt I do this sooner!!!!!!!:) Thanks to everyone who has given advice and to TCLouis for the generous mould donation to start me on my way! Now to Midways website to order some more moulds and Stuff!...............................RU

rvpilot76
12-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Congrats, bud! Great shooting!

Kevin

waksupi
12-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Hehehe.... Sucked in another one....hehehe...

Phil
12-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Yep, hook, line, and sinker. Now, reel him in nice and slow like. (:>)

Cheers,

Phil

NVcurmudgeon
12-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Great results! You did have the best of the M-Ns to shoot them in. Please take a tip from another user of light charges of fast powder. Check all loads in the loading block for powder level with a flashllight before seating boolits.

44man
12-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Pretty soon he will have lost most of his hair, messed up the kitchen from boolit lubes and tee'd off the little woman, filled the house with catalogs, bought all kinds of molds, spend all of his time haunting tire shops until they throw him out and on and on.
Welcome RU, you are now one of the ELITE.

RU shooter
12-31-2006, 01:16 AM
Pretty soon he will have lost most of his hair, messed up the kitchen from boolit lubes and tee'd off the little woman, filled the house with catalogs, bought all kinds of molds, spend all of his time haunting tire shops until they throw him out and on and on.
Welcome RU, you are now one of the ELITE. Well pretty soon is here already, I just ordered 2 new moulds from midway tonight, I'm already becoming thin on top and she's still moaning about my little lube "experiment" in her kitchen something about her sauce pan and a good serving spoon???? So she bought me a hot plate tonight a ChinaMart and even set it up on my work bench ,So I guess I am officially banished from "her" kitchen
Oh yeah after results like I saw today,I am officially into boolit casting:drinks: ..................RU

Murphy
12-31-2006, 01:28 AM
Oh goodie!!! ~Fresh meat~

I have a rather smallish casting outfit, but I am willing to part with some of it for a very reasonable price of course (cough, cough). The wife says I really don't need all them molds & pots and her car, pick-up and SUV all need new tires.

Welcome aboard RU Shooter, yer toast dude!

Murphy

keeper89
12-31-2006, 09:02 AM
RU--you just pushed in the plunger on that first load of cast boolit heroin--welcome aboard!!!!!:drinks:

Bret4207
12-31-2006, 09:24 AM
She bought you a hot plate? Good, now keep the ball rolling. Go down to the Gunsmithing section and read my sticky on Shop Tips. In there you will find instructions for my diabolical plan to TRAIN WOMEN TO BUY USEFUL STUFF FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, men, it can be done. The basic idea is you show her pictures of all the neat stuf you use, then if she spots something at Wallly World or a yard sale she'll get it for you. Yeah, it helps to buy her jewlery and flowers constantly but I have gotten a few goodies.

BTW- We've used up our quota of exclamation points for the day!!!!!

LAH
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
You did GOOD.........Creeker

TCLouis
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Congrats on entering the cast world. I find it far more fun that coated bullets.

Be careful hanging around with the folks here on this site though, exposure to lead over the years has made them daffy. One of the first symptoms is braving traffic to recover a wheel weight lying out only three lanes away! Blaring horns, swerving cussing, finger pointing . . . don't they know that a wheel weight contains one sixth of a GB mold full . . . maybe two for a real find!

! ! ! BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE LUBE EXPERIMENTS ! ! !

Even on a hot plate they can become firefighting experiments with little warning.

Same thing for lube or parafin fluxing.

Oh did I mention that safety glasses go with melting lead.

Put on good glasses THEN plug in or light the lead melting device . . . .

Safety glasses AREN'T just for casting.

Char-Gar
01-01-2007, 04:02 PM
You are now a lead junkie..welcome to the asylum!