PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Zilla Walnut media thru amazon

Ohio Rusty
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Zilla-English-Walnut-Shell-Litter/dp/B000OQLU68

Zilla's price for ground walnut media - 25 quart bag - $13.12. (not including shipping) That is a pretty fair price. No one around seems to carry it anymore. I'll probably buy a bag of this before it goes up.

Update ... I ordered a bag of the walnut media ... It came to $20.39 including shipping. That is about the cheapest I can get it I guess .....
Ohio Rusty ><>

Ed Barrett
06-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I have been buying "lizard litter" at the local pet store. $1.98 plus tax for a gallon bag It,s ground walnut hulls and you can get plain or in different colors.

Ohio Rusty
06-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I've checked all the pet shops in several cities where I travel thru, and there isn't any walnut media anywhere. Lots of corn cob stuff, but I feel the walnut does a better job as it is tougher to get brass really clean.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Frank46
06-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Try out your local welding supply houses. corn cob grit and walnut hulls are used in place of glass beads to blast metal. Last bag I bought cost me about 15$ and still have a half bag of each. frank

Armorer
06-05-2011, 06:11 PM
We had some leftover walnut blast media from a job we did at work a couple months ago. I took a coffee can of it to the house and tried it out in my tumbler. It cleaned the brass, but maybe a bit to well? Made it very dull. Essentially like it had been sand blasted. Kind of cool looking but not really the look I was going for.

my ¢2
Armorer

41mag
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Look into any local sand blasting supply. They usually have the grit or media sizes put up on a board so you can see which is what. I got both of it so that it would fit through the flash hole on an 06' case. Been several years and I still have plenty left.

I picked up a 50# bag each of cob and walnut for less than $35 total. Throw in some flitz and git-r-done.

evan price
06-06-2011, 01:49 AM
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52454

Good stuff, I gave it two thumbs up when I posted about it on OFCC forums a month ago.

Bag weighed 31.5 pounds and total cost was about 65 cents per pound delivered to my door in a big brown box.

JIMinPHX
06-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Petco by me stocks the Zilla brand lizard litter. I think that you probably got a better price through Amazon.