PDA

View Full Version : Winchester model 94 & Marlin model 92

normg
05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I just came across two old guns from a friend. He said both of them were his great grandmothers.
The Winchester model 94 is 30WCF sn 265156 it has an octigon barrel and a full length tubular magazine. It breaks down by removing the magazine and barrel. It is light weight. The wood and metal are all in very good condition. The bluing is worn, but no rust. It has a straight grip.
The Marlin model 92 is 32 rim fire sn 349483 it has an octigon barrel. It is light weight. The wood and metal are all in very good condition. The bluing is worn, but no rust. It has a straight grip.
I found that the Winchester was made in 1902. I can't seem to find when the marlin was made. Both are lever action.
All my old guns I am interested in history.
Can anyone give me information on them or send me in the right direction? And are they valuable?
Normg

largom
05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
My info says your Marlin was made in 1906. Prices vary across the country, but compare prices on Gun Broker, Auction Arms and other sites. In the condition you say they are in they have considerable value.

Larry

Guesser
05-30-2011, 08:38 PM
The Marlin could be fitted with a kit available in its day to fire 32 Long Colt, but that ammunition is almost as scarce and expensive, when found, as the rimfire. I don't know the procedure required to switch ammo but it was commonly done in its day. I know where there is one of the
Marlins for sale, been for sale for a long time due to the ammunition scarcity.