PDA

View Full Version : M1 Rifle Cast Boolit Match

Phineas Bluster
05-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Deleted

AZ-JIM
06-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I made it to the range yesterday, shot the M1 (for the first time). I did ok, I think one of my loads will work but I need more practice with the open sights, that M1 target is pretty small at 100yds. I have a couple of questions; first is it normal to have to crank up the rear sight to past the 600yd mark? I realise I'm shooting a heavier bullet at lower speed than those marks were designed for, it just seemed like alot. My fist shot was set at 300 and I was 17" low. My second question; are there a rear peeps available with different size apertures? I think smaller would help accuracy a little. I will be out soon to try it again, the next one will be better so stand by.....

az-jim

shooterg
06-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Match hooded rear apertures are available in .052 and .059. The hoods will rotate to allow 1/2 minute elevation adjustments. The hooded apertures as used on AR15 service match rifles can also be adapted, giving a much larger range of (screw-in) aperture sizes, but w/o the 1/2 minute feature.

AZ-JIM
06-13-2011, 11:08 PM
AZ-JIM,

You didn't mention what you were using for a load.

The one that seemed to be the best was 39g of 4831 behind the 311284. Yes the target at 100yds is about the same width as the front sight blade. Group size was probably about 3.5-4 inches. I may use dacron in the next loads to see if it helps but I'm guessing it's probably me, I couldn't tell you when the last time was that I shot with open sights. I think I may have come up with a fix for the rear peep, I may machine a small bushing and just press it into the rear peep. That way I can control the opening size and I don't have to modify the rifle, and it can be removed at any time.

az-jim

iwottopq
06-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Hello to all.
Sorry for this not usual ask...and only for curiosity...but is it possible to partecipate at a postal mach to a non USA citizen not living in the USA?
I explain. I am italian and live in Italy. Can I send you my targets?
Thanks in advance.
Ciao
Nino

AZ-JIM
06-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Man it's hot here in AZ, temp reading at the airport 4 miles away is 108 right now. It has been near that all week and will only continue (or get worse) until the end of Sept. I still want to participate in the match so I'll have to suck it up and deal with it. Maybe we'll get a nice Saturday morning after a Friday evening monsoon storm soon, probably wishfull thinking :-D
The things we do for the hobbies we love eh?

az-jim

Calamity Jake
06-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Some body have a link for a printable MR31C?