PDA

View Full Version : Sizing Die Guess??

HEAD0001
05-28-2011, 02:11 AM
If you were going to order a sizing die(Lyman Sizer) for a 0-06 factory Encore barrel. And you could not slug th barrel. What would be your best guess if you had to order the sizing die tonight?? My best guess is .310. Would that be the best guess??

Please don't ask me to explain why it has to be done without slugging the barrel. It is a long story, but it is the case for now. But to suffice to say my items are being ordered as a present, and I do not have immediate access to the barrel. And I can exchange the sizer down the road. Thanks, Tom.

geargnasher
05-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Get a .309, .310, and 311. You never know what the gun might prefer, and remember that it's the GUN that makes that decision by what it says when it prints dot-matrix for you on the target, not you or me or anyone else.

I think you'll find that the chamber neck dimension and the thickness of the necks of your brass will have more to do with determining the best sized-diameter of your boolits than the groove dimension does, although it sure would be nice to know what it is before you fire the first shot.

Gear